Is there any way of knowing...

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by jake_fink, Dec 19, 2007.

1. jake_fink

jake_fink Call Me a Cab

...how many ignore lists one has made in one's FL career?

2. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

I see 342 for you. lol

3. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

I do not want to know how many I have made..:eusa_doh:

4. Samsa

Samsa Guest

I get the feeling I should know what an ignore list IS.

But I don't.

5. Undertow

Undertow My Mail is Forwarded Here

<---Total Idiot Here

What are these "Ignore List" of which you speak? :eek:

6. jake_fink

jake_fink Call Me a Cab

The ignore list is a way of filtering out the posters whose posts you know in advance you'd rather not see.

342!?!?! Not as bad as I thought.

7. Undertow

Undertow My Mail is Forwarded Here

Huh...eh, I don't know. I don't mind reading through posts of people I don't like. I'm one of those paranoid freaks that wants as much information as possible.

8. Ada Veen

Ada Veen Practically Family

I hope I'm not on anyone's 'ignore list'...

But then I suppose what you don't know can't hurt you! :)

9. jake_fink

jake_fink Call Me a Cab

It did make visting the OB a less stressful event back in the days before politics were banned.

It's not so much that one might not like the person - never having met them - but that their posts might get under your skin more often than you'd like.

10. LocktownDog

LocktownDog Call Me a Cab

Hmph! Make it 343.

:D :D :D :D

Richard

11. You made it up, right? If not, how do you find out . . . and what's my magic number?

Awaiting expectantly,

bk

12. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

What? Ignore the Baron's posts and miss out on seeing photos of his outstanding garments and sense of style? Not likely!

I'd definitely be on a thousand ignore lists if the FL was on audio and everyone could hear my annoying Ostrayan accent! hahaha!

13. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Press Release:
    For Immediate Release.

USA - The unveiling of the new Those Who Have Baron Kurtz on Ignore Wing of The Fedora Lounge will be unveiled January 7, 2008 at noon EST...

lol lol

14. Hemingway Jones

Hemingway Jones I'll Lock Up Bartender

Who??? ;) lol

15. MrNewportCustom

MrNewportCustom Call Me a Cab

I never mass-ignore anyone. If I find a post I don't like, I just skip the rest of it and continue on with the thread. Too many people here have too many good ideas for me to ignore anyone completely.

Besides, why would anyone want to ignore such a great group of people as us? :)

Lee

16. Sefton

Sefton Call Me a Cab

Try not to take it too hard. Think of being on someone's ignore list in a more Zen fashion: "The sound of one hand posting..."

17. mike

mike Call Me a Cab

oh jeez, I'd like to know but I think it would be horrible to hear all the same! :eek:

18. reetpleat

reetpleat Call Me a Cab

The whole idea seems bizarre to me. I mean, how can you understand half the threads when you miss the people who may be saying the most inflamatory things. Better to see what they said and then decide to avoid the whole thread and all that comes afterwards.

Secondly, there are few if any here who have so much ill to say and offer nothing I would ever want to hear.

Granted, tehre are a few posters that I might skim past because I more or less know that I will not care for what they say on many topics.

But I will admit I occasionally see posts that really get me hot and I start to write a response. Then I think better of it and hit the back button. And i wil admit, before politics were banned, especially during the war, I probably would have left the lounge or started using such a list.

19. dostacos

dostacos Practically Family

the only people {none here} I have put on ignore were people that end up getting banned anyway so....

I was on one site where the Moderators could put the person in a SPECIAL place, they could read and respond but NOBODY else could see the posting lol

20. The only person I've ever blacklisted was one who called down a fire-mission on himself from Senator Jack, Feraud and Hemingway Jones--when you got not one but two mods commencing bombardment, that's serious...

Wonder how many lists I'm on?