Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this Schott leather jacket too big for me?

Qristian

New in Town
Hi,
I recently got this Schott 530 Cafe Racer and wanted to know your opinion if you think it fits me the way it is supposed to. I am more of a double rider jackets friend so I am not sure should cafe racers fit more snug than this. I am 6" and 210 lbs and this is size XXL. Should sleeves be shorter? I am not going to wear this jacket for riding.

With thin collared shirt:
35737336710_b5dfbe9ed1_z.jpg

35320940073_6e9627ef3c_z.jpg

35737336720_b39065f3e5_z.jpg

35959543842_92afda730a_z.jpg

With hoodie:
35959606142_2b74d73b51_z.jpg

thor

One Too Many
I think that jacket fits you fine. Maybe the sleeves are a little long but personally I prefer my jackets to have sleeves a tad long (I hate the exposed wrist and ride-up of a sleeve when you reach forward or are driving a car). I have long arms so sleeves being too short are my number one issue.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
If it were mine I'd say it was fitting snug and trim. Maybe just a little too trim. It really depends how it feels on. Sleeves and overall length are great but it's a personal question, really this stuff. You'll probably encounter people here who think this is two sizes too small and two sizes too big. Not to mention too long and too short. :eek:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Overall fit is fine, but the sleeves are a bit on the long side for my taste. You might want to wear it for a while, let the sleeves wrinkle up a little, then have a look at perhaps having the adjusted.

Well, yes and no. It's tight, but too long.
i.e., it would likely fit me better, being 6'-4".
The sleeves have already tunneled so they won't go up further I'd guess.
It's fine, but if I were wearing it, I'd be wondering about that...

Qristian

New in Town
Thank for your valuable opinions! The jacket feels great, although the sleeve length bothers me a bit because the sleeve zippers tend to open slightly.
I saw this Schott 530 review made by revzilla and that got me worried should CF really be so tight.

My gripe with Schott has always been that the sleeves are too short. I wonder if they've finally gone with 26" or greater inch sleeves as standard now? Almost every Schott I've owned (that wasn't a long) had 24.5" sleeves and found its way to the 'bay.
Imho I'd prefer the longer sleeves to the shorter ones. That said you won't lose any length due to sleeve wrinkling with that super soft hide.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Actually, looking at where your zipper stops at the throat, well-short, I would be tempted to say that this is just the wrong fit for you. It's fine around the chest, but too long in the body and arms, I'm not sure you'll ever be very comfortable with it.

Last edited:

alfyman

One of the Regulars
No, Perfect... your jeans on the other hand could compliment the Jacket better.. But Yeah. Perfect depending on your age, I think Like me after 50's you get that stomach.. but wait and see. Keep your self in shape, I had a six pack and I really want it back so I can wear Jackets like this..

alfyman

One of the Regulars
Thank for your valuable opinions! The jacket feels great, although the sleeve length bothers me a bit because the sleeve zippers tend to open slightly.
I saw this Schott 530 review made by revzilla and that got me worried should CF really be so tight.
Ok, I like this but the guy Held his breath and stomach for so long.. I know that feeling..

Qristian

New in Town
Well the longish sleeves bug me a bit, but after reading your comments, which I highly appreciate, they suddenly bug me even more, even though it might be that in real world no one would ever pay attention to sleeve length. If there is no magic way to shrink them an inch, I'll get then shortened asap.

I am fine with the body length. I think that is the way Schott designed this jacket. I have had model 641hh and I think it was too short, because it ended to the beltline. But the most I disliked in 641hh was the action back (underarm footballs and bi-swing), which looked like bat wings. This 530 model has only bi-swing.

Last edited:

zebedee

One Too Many
It's about an inch too long overall and you shouldn't worry about it- my cafe racer is too short and too tight and I'm too short and too fat.

But life is short.

Qristian

New in Town
I forgot I also have had Vanson Comet. I owned it for two hours. Bought it from ebay, went to get it from the Mail and then hit the gym, where the owner of the gym wanted to buy it from me. But what I remember, Comet (size 46) was quite short model with very long sleeves. This Schott of mine hits two inches under beltline with regular waisted jeans (as my Edwin ed55 in picture) and I usually wear low waisted jeans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points