Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is vintage style is relevant today.. take a look

Louise Anne

Suspended
OK I know that you all are fans of vintage style or you would not be here. As St. Louis found it can be a little different in the UK.
so I thought I bring to your attention this BBC TV program, no not another costume drama , this time it's real life or real people
The Choir ( BBC TV) about setting up 4 workplace choir from scratch and to complete with each other.
Ok so members of choirs have to wear something (unless it's a calendar girls version) Lets not go down that route.

Any way back on topic finding something for a choir to wear that's look great on every one is difficult as simple there so many different shapes and sizes to think about and not every thing suite every one.

Well this choir last night choose to wear a 50's vintage style and I think it really shows off how vintage style are relevant today as in the past.
Here are to photos, ( even one lady gone as far as wearing seams in the last photo.

I think every single one of those ladies look as good as the next. you do not get that with modern clothing style in my view.

Spot the white gloves they are all wearing.

Image8-1.jpg

And going period correct with seams

Image6.jpg

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I don't think it's that uncommon in the U.S. for choirs to have their uniform (or stage costume, or whatever they wish to call it) be more vintage styles. Gloves were standard in my high school for the girls. But I have never seen seamed stockings on a choir. When I was in college, pretty much all the girls acapella (a capella?) groups wore vintage-inspired outfits it seems like. (Acapella was big at the university I went to, I think the school had like 30 different groups.)

W-D Forties

Practically Family
The 'vintage look' is very in vogue in the high street this winter, there are tons of 'Harris' tweed-a-like jackets around and fair isle too. My son was over the moon to find he could get a tweed jacket in Next!

Mind you, he's one of the best dressed 8 year olds I know has he already has a geniune Harris waitcoat and matching jacket and also an adorable Harris overcoat - all vintage.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I was in a school yesterday talking to students and three girls in a group of about 23 were all done up in 40's-50's style make up and hair it was great to see, turns out one of the girls cousins works for Vogue and they have "been into vintage since year 8"....there is hope for the future!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points