Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It has been set into motion...

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Did you get a test fit jacket from Wade and Carrie? If so, that removes most of the worry from getting a good fit.

I got a Sheene through them several months ago, and it is my favorite leather jacket when the temps are above freezing. Below that, and if I go with leather, it will be the Thunder Bay.

The Sheene is an outstanding jacket, and you will be very happy with it. P2P on your Sheene will be 24", which will give a very fitted look on a size 44 chest. PC.

I did not get the fit jacket (against Thurston's recommendation) because I had "just" tried on pawineguy's 42 Cafe Racer. I felt like it served as my fit jacket. Thank you for the PTP measurement. I assume you know because yours is a 44, too? 24 will work perfectly for me. The jacket that I measure against, and that fit me best, was 23.5. That is close enough for me! I want to be able to layer at least a tiny bit.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Congrats, the best part of going through this process is that you really end up better understanding what does and doesn't work for you, including very distinct tartans!
Pawnie, I do love that tartan. It looks (as another user claimed) cosmic! Thank you for choosing it so that I would know it was available!

Peacoat

Bartender
I did not get the fit jacket (against Thurston's recommendation) because I had "just" tried on pawineguy's 42 Cafe Racer. I felt like it served as my fit jacket. Thank you for the PTP measurement. I assume you know because yours is a 44, too? 24 will work perfectly for me. The jacket that I measure against, and that fit me best, was 23.5. That is close enough for me! I want to be able to layer at least a tiny bit.

Yes, mine is a 44. I have a 42" chest. I like a bit of room in the chest. A 24' p2p (size 44) is just right for me.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Yes, mine is a 44. I have a 42" chest. I like a bit of room in the chest. A 24' p2p (size 44) is just right for me.
Great to know. I have a 43/44 inch chest, but I have muscular shoulders. Typically a large shirt is too tight in the shoulders, where an XL is just right in the shoulders, but loose everywhere else. Conversely a 44L jacket usually fits me perfectly, hence the 28.25" length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80