Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Italian regular Police uniforms in Italy during ww2

metropd

One Too Many
What are the differences in the everyday Carabinieri and Di Stato Polizia uniforms(1920's-1944) against now. Please post pictures of Carabinieri and Di Stato Polizia uniforms during this time in Italy. Thank you as it is an interest of mine with no much reference.

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
I'm trying to find something, as uniformology isn't in my competences.

As for what I know, Polizia became a civilian force in Italy very lately, maybe in the '70s;
during WWII it was a military force, just like Carabinieri or Guardia di Finanza.

So on the lapels of Polizia's uniforms for sure there were the "stellette" (little stars) that in Italy are a symbol of military status; nowadays they stay on the lapels of Carabinieri which are still fully military, but on the Polizia's uniforms are replaced by a "civilian" symbol.

While the uniform of the Carabinieri, a part from minor changes, basically remained the same in concept form the thirties ("riforma Baistrocchi" on the unifomrs) to this day, I know that Police went through several modifications, at one point changing colors:

I thing that they chose the actual colors when they became fully civilian, which is ironic as thier colors (blue jacket, light blue-grayish pants) are the ones of the first italian army.

Doing my research now!

Ciao!!

metropd

One Too Many
Thank you SO MUCH

Thank you so much for helping me. As much information about the structure of the police in Italy as civilian policing is concerned would also be a great help. Information about the peaked hats would also be nice. THANK SSOOOO much again!!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
I'm so sorry for the delay!

I've searched on the net but could find very little, if any, useful info.
The italian Carabinieri site was much more informative, in its historical parts, about uniforms in various eras, but Police's site is wholly different.

Also, it seems to have attracted a lot less interest from "uniformologists".

Now the good news: I've contacted some friends (previously in the military, now civilian or carabinieri/policemen) and they promised me to scan their own books on the subject.

Only, they need the time to do this.
Just a little patience again...

Ciao!!! :)

Italian-wiseguy

One of the Regulars
Actually I contacted a retired policeman and "uniformologist" and he was so kind to scanner and post some old images to an italian military board;
then I had to go in Romania for work, and when I was back the board was closed and I forgot the whole thing.
Sorry!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto