Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Peterman Cotton Peacoat

Zach R.

Practically Family
My latest purchase from J Peterman's Last Chance Sale, it should be here in a few days. I've always loved the look of a peacoat, but its just not practical or comfortable to wear one on those chilly days in the fall. I'll be sure to post my thoughts when it comes in.

http://jpeterman.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_1680_A_c_E_27_A_seq_E_85

1680-peacoats.jpg

Anyone else have one of these?(Hemingway and Baggers, I'm looking at you):p

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
:eek:fftopic: The J. Peterman ("Jefferson") shirt I got as a gift for Father's Day this year was worn three times. At washing #3, the wooden buttons all disintegrated and perished. Back it goes.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi Zach.

No, I didn't go for this one, but I am not sure about Baggers! lol

I hope you post pictures because I am curious, but personally, if I am going to buy a Peacoat, it's going to be wool and from an Army (Navy) Surplus store.

However, those are great lapels and buttons on that jacket, so I would really like to see it. I wish you the best of luck with it and tell us all how it is. ;)

Baggers

Practically Family
Nope, I didn't bite either

Peacoats aren't really my style. But like Hemingway, if I were going to get one I'd get the original item in wool.

As for J. Peterman, I'm getting really gun shy with that firm. I think I've sent back more stuff than I've kept, and those #$%@ illustrations in the catalogue are half the reason. It really seems hit and miss with them. I get one item (Spanish Linen Jacket) and it's great. But the next item (Linen Bush Jacket) totally underwhelms me.

Cheers!

Zach R.

Practically Family
I finally posted a J Peterman item(barring the womens clothing, of course) that neither of you own, I am shocked and appalled, sirs.lol

I love peacoats, I have a wool one as well, from(of all places) Old Navy. I'm planning on getting a standard issue Navy one on down the road, however.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Everything I've gotten from Peterman has been great, personally.

The cotton peacoat is a nice idea, and I can see the usefulness in it. Can't wait to see the pics.

My grandfather still has his original US Navy peacoat from WWII, in near perfect shape. I want it, but I have to lose a little more weight to fit in it.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Zach R. said:
I love peacoats, I have a wool one as well, from(of all places) Old Navy. I'm planning on getting a standard issue Navy one on down the road, however.
Shoot, I just tossed mine into the Salvation Army donation bin! I hated that thing. Talk about crappy armholes; I couldn't raise my arms without that thing going all the way up to my ears. Driving was impossible.

My old Marine Corps "horse blanket" (The long, green wool overcoat), on the other hand, was great! I wore that thing through the howling winds of Michigan for years. I just, uh, outgrew it. If you get a Navy peacoat, make sure it is vintage for that same reason. I started wearing my horse blanket instead of the new Marine Corps "all weather coat" because of the better fit. I think it looked a heckuva lot better, too.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Zach R. said:
I finally posted a J Peterman item(barring the womens clothing, of course) that neither of you own, I am shocked and appalled, sirs.lol
Funny Guy! ;) It can get expensive keeping up with the Joneses... and the Baggers. ;)
Especially, the Joneses and the Baggers!

Baggers

Practically Family
Zach R. said:

Well, now that you've brought it up, I have had trouble with the fit of JP's women's clothing. :eek:

Cheers!

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
The best thing about the J Peterman Co. is that they have a no questions asked full refund policy. If you don't like it, for any reason at all, all you have to do is send it back and they'll refund your credit card minus shipping. True, atfer awhile the shipping costs probably add up, but I think it's worth it considering that I rarely send stuff back to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112