Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jackets with fur collars

Lit Up

One of the Regulars
Any downsides to a fur collar? I've never owned a jacket with one, but somebody told me that if it rains, you get a wet neck if you ever pop your collar, so they don't buy them with fur collars. Anybody have experience with this?

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Depends what style of jacket, my Cal with a removable mouton collar is very nice, always prefer having a removable one to use depending on the weather. It doesn't get super cold where I am so the mouton is nice just to look cool and protect a little from wind. No downside to one like this that I can think of other than cost, and also needing snaps in the lapels to button them in.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Not an issue, IMO. Yes, they do get wet (can’t help that if it rains), but I don’t find it particularly noteworthy. Tend to dry up reasonably quick as well.

I do have three jackets with fur collar (two of them non removable), and the ups in terms of coziness way outweight any potential downside.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Any downsides to a fur collar? I've never owned a jacket with one, but somebody told me that if it rains, you get a wet neck if you ever pop your collar, so they don't buy them with fur collars. Anybody have experience with this?
Worth every bit of comfy warm neck and chin. Better than just a wet neck.
B
A2F03587-086F-4793-99C7-A92B281E4995.jpeg
198B62FC-FE69-4867-BB67-C9C037745011.jpeg
6188DD5E-8F22-4EA2-BAC8-7E4E3D94FF4A.jpeg
F100B918-7521-4CB9-A4E4-A81C3E0510CA.jpeg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I've several jackets with fur/mouton collars. I've an Aero Thunderbay, a B-10, D-1 and several others. I live in the Northeast. When the temps dip downward, and the hawk takes wing and starts to rip and run, a fur collar is a life saver.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner