Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JC Pennys 1950s?Leather Jacket?

Todd Allen

New in Town
Not sure if this jacket is from the 1950s?.. and if it's leather or not?.. I inherited it from my grandfather.. any information and help is appreciated.. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20240217_190219.jpg
    20240217_190219.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
  • 20240217_190209.jpg
    20240217_190209.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
  • 20240217_190225.jpg
    20240217_190225.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 20240217_190508.jpg
    20240217_190508.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 52
  • 20240217_190209.jpg
    20240217_190209.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
  • 20240217_190219.jpg
    20240217_190219.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 62
  • 20240217_190225.jpg
    20240217_190225.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
  • 20240217_190508.jpg
    20240217_190508.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 48

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some creeps think the FL is just here for their convenience. Like a free quote with your coffee and donut, sir? A free evaluation on your "grandfather's heirloom" perhaps? This gives me the sh*ts.

I can’t imagine the seller didn’t know it was leather. I should’ve told him it was plastic and offered $50. lol. It wouldn’t fit me and I really have no skin in the vintage jacket game anymore but still, would look cool on my daughter.

Todd Allen

New in Town
Some creeps think the FL is just here for their convenience. Like a free quote with your coffee and donut, sir? A free evaluation on your "grandfather's heirloom" perhaps? This gives me the sh*ts.
Geezzzz Benny... Dial it back a few... I never ask for a quote.. just some basic info.. did not know about it and only ask for year and what material. And.. I just thought this site looked like a place where people had knowledge about this jacket. and... dont forget to wipe since you have the sh+ts... Also.. I will GLADLEY show my self OUT of this page.. bye....

Todd Allen

New in Town
I can’t imagine the seller didn’t know it was leather. I should’ve told him it was plastic and offered $50. lol. It wouldn’t fit me and I really have no skin in the vintage jacket game anymore but still, would look cool on my daughter.
I simply want to know what KIND of leather.. gezzzz. what is up with people on this page.. so negative..

IMO, just state I’m looking to sell this jacket and need some info. Most folks here will give you an honest assessment and maybe even give you a solid offer. No need for the inheritance bit, it’s a dead giveaway at this point and its repeated use has soured quite a few of us. Just ask.

It’s a nice jacket. GLWS.

I simply want to know what KIND of leather.. gezzzz. what is up with people on this page.. so negative..
Well there is no type identified on the label. It’s likely Naugahyde. My $50 offer is on the table if you’d like I can PM you. This has coolest freshman girl in high school written all over it.

Todd Allen

New in Town
IMO, just state I’m looking to sell this jacket and need some info. Most folks here will give you an honest assessment and maybe even give you a solid offer. No need for the inheritance bit, it’s a dead giveaway at this point and its repeated use has soured quite a few of us. Just ask.

It’s a nice jacket. GLWS.
Geezzzus.. what the hell is up with FOLKS on this page.. SO negative.. FIRST.. It was not a bit.. the truth.. WHAT the hell is the big deal.. good lord...YES.. I was debating on selling it.. I also got NOTHING from this page as far as info.. so I did my own research.. BUT.. as SOON as theres negative.. BAM .. everyone is jumping on ..... BYE BYE Drama page....

Geezzzus.. what the hell is up with FOLKS on this page.. SO negative.. FIRST.. It was not a bit.. the truth.. WHAT the hell is the big deal.. good lord...YES.. I was debating on selling it.. I also got NOTHING from this page as far as info.. so I did my own research.. BUT.. as SOON as theres negative.. BAM .. everyone is jumping on ..... BYE BYE Drama page....
It’s true and that was kind of my point and I think the point of other posters. I deliberately left out any info you probably didn’t already know. The jacket can easily be dated by the zippers and label (all of which will point back to this forum with a simple google search) which you seemingly did anyway. So you answered your own question in a search bar, which is largely the sum total of this hobby. GLWS.

Todd Allen

New in Town
It’s true and that was kind of my point and I think the point of other posters. I deliberately left out any info you probably didn’t already know. The jacket can easily be dated by the zippers and label (all of which will point back to this forum with a simple google search) which you seemingly did anyway. So you answered your own question in a search bar, which is largely the sum total of this hobby. GLWS.
You are truly an internet Drama TROLL.. BYE

Aloysius

For what it's worth, your jacket is worth about $100 tops. I'm giving you an honest assessment. You're pricing it at over 5x its market worth.

It's quite easy to find and buy vintage leather jackets in better condition, from much higher end makes, for $100, like when I've bought Fidelity Indian Ranger jackets, but the name recognition of JCP will compensate and get you up to $100.

EDIT: Oh, and shipping should run you $15 even cross-country, via Priority Mail 2-Day.

Benny Holiday

@Todd Allen (if he's still around) the FL began as a place for people interested in vintage topics associated with the Golden Era, mostly the 40s-mid 50s though going into times peripheral to that also. People joined to discuss their passion and knowledge about old movies, hats, WWII history, clothing, radio shows, music, etc etc. Over time, it formed into a community, especially, from my perspective, amongst those folks with a real love for and interest in vintage hats and leather jackets. Knowledge is shared, information is found and passed on, and hobbies/passions are explored and appreciated.

It's only natural that amongst quite a few members, a camaraderie has grown up, creating a spirit to the place because long-time members have shared so much with one another. Collectors and hobbyists, by their nature, accumulate interesting objects and an understanding of them along the way. The FL provides a Classifieds section for members who wish to sell items, but that's not primarily what this site is all about. It's not Ebay or Etsy. Guys here have invested a hell of a lot of time, money and enthusiasm into their pursuit of this interest. I mean, if there was a doctorate on vintage jackets, there are guys here who could be professors and teach a class on them.

Joining the Lounge to find out about a jacket just to sell it kinda cheapens the whole thing. Maybe, as JMax said, it would've helped if you'd just been upfront about your intentions from the get-go. It's just that lately, too many characters have joined the place simply to take advantage of the knowledge base so they can make a buck, they haven't invested any time or effort or interest in the game. Maybe we ought to run a price consultancy business, where fly-by-nighters pay a fee to get an estimate from those who've put so much into the hobby. (I'm being facetious).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner