Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jkts/ shoes/ belts: Lost Worlds, Viberg, Lofgren, NOS Sears Oakbrook, 70s M-65 army jkt, Equus, more

antoine p

One of the Regulars
Hi there all, I hope you’re well. I've been buying and collecting various items for a while now and woke up today feeling like it was time to pare my wardrobe and reserve down. This thread is for jackets, shoes and belts, I’ve got another thread for denim and trousers here (link).

Hearing offers the next few days. If you're interested and want to make an offer, or have any questions or requests, please don't be shy, contact me. I've listed what I've paid for most items, not what I expect to get back for each item. No returns. Please note these aren't tailor precise measurements, expect minor variation. If you want me to measure twice, take photos, let me know (I just ask that you respect my time)

Listing a lot of items at once, already in overload territory, so went easy on the image count and descriptions. If you're looking for more let me know.

If items aren't moving, I may list them on eBay quite soon.

I live in Chicago. Happy to ship wherever. If you live outside the US please understand shipping costs will be higher. High price items may need to be insured and have their value declared, but let's have a conversation if you want to make an offer and there's something you're worried about.

Tag sizes can be misleading. Measurements and sizing information is posted for each item in the description section.

https://imgur.com/a/uUl5swa

Shoes:
Viberg derby shoe, winter smoke classic calf, 2020 last, nearly new ships with box, manufacturer size 8.5
John Lofgren desert boots, sand suede, wear, ships with box, manufacturer size 9

Jackets:
Lost Worlds “Bedford”, black horsehide, worn, tag size 40
1970s M-65, nearly NOS, tag size small long, made in US
Sears Oakbrook lined harrington jacket, navy, NWT, tag size 44
Sears Oakbrook unlined harrington jacket, navy, NWT, tag size 42
Sears zipper rain coat, 1960s 1970s, NWT, tag size large (described as 42-44)
Levi's big E type 3 jacket, 70505, very good condition, some wear, tagged 38 (see description and photographs in denim thread linked above)

Belts:
Equus, 1 3/8” black bridle leather belt with brass roller buckle, made in England
Vintage, brown leather belt with brass buckle & brogue detail, heavy wear and patina

Last edited:

antoine p

One of the Regulars
Descriptions:
Viberg derby shoe, "winter smoke" classic calf, dainite sole, 2020 last
Size 8.5 (fits large, more like a US9 or US9.5, but ymmv, reach out if you are concerned)
Only worn indoors a few times, some scuffs and light creasing.
Truly handsome pair of shoes in a beautiful, cold grey brown. Strikes an excellent balance between bombproof and elegant. These derbies were made in Canada by the 3rd generation family business. The brand has a close relationship with different tanneries around the world and pushes the envelope season to season with interesting and exclusive leathers in limited runs (this "winter smoke" calf comes from C. F. Stead in England). Sold out quickly on the Viberg website, and this will be a limited run. I love the color combination between the upper and black dainite sole, makes for a very wearable shoe.
Only worn indoors in my carpeted/ tiled apartment a few times (sizing didn't work out). Shows some scuffs and very faint scratches, I think the leather may have a good amount of pull-up. Haven't tried to buff them out. Insoles show some small ink marks, shoes came from retailer with this, wouldn't bother me but thought I should mention (we're talking ~.5cm). Can send close-ups for anyone interested.
Viberg intentionally selects hides with a good amount of variation- amount of grain, and color, varies somewhat from panel to panel (this is present on this pair, it's not a defect).
I am not a Viberg sizing expert, but I can try to point you in the right direction and share the information that I have if you have questions. Not photographed with shoe trees but always brushed and stored with trees in.
I paid around $630. Make an offer. Box and Viberg extras included (can also ship without box if you want to save on shipping)

John Lofgren desert boots, sand suede, crepe sole
Size 9 (fits moderately large, retailer advice is sizing down .5, let's talk about it if you're concerned)
Worn outdoors less than 5x. Shows wear, scuffs on the toe
John Lofgren's riff on the Clark's desert boot. Classic, masculine proportions, tightly constructed but not pretentious, exactly what I look for in a casual shoe. Really nice double stitching highlighted with contrast stitching. Hairy sand suede, super comfortable crepe sole for walking, perfect for spring/ summer/ fall.
I think these will only improve with heavy wear.
Crepe soles and suede do show wear from the few times that I've worn these. I'm not a shoe care aficionado, I'm not sure if the scuffs could be removed easily or not if it's something you're concerned about. I am assuming they could, maybe a bit of sandpaper, but don't want to guarantee.
I paid $500 and bought from Standard & Strange. Make an offer. Box, branded shoe bags included.

Lost Worlds Bedford, black horsehide, satin lining
Size 40 (see measurements), worn
Doesn't need much of an introduction. "in strength, beauty."
Shows a bit of wear- some loose threads around buttonholes, some color off of the cuff seams, lining is structurally sound but shows wear... really nothing major, this jacket has a long life ahead of it. Belt shows a ton of grain and has a more used feeling than jacket.
Would absolutely not be selling if this fit. Satin lining extends the seasonality of the jacket into the spring.
Purchased this from a man who bought it directly from the LW workshop in 2003. He said he wore it 10 times a year for 3 or 4 years, and then stored it.
P2P 22"/ length from base of collar stand taken from back 29.75"
Sleeve length was tricky to measure here. The sleeves are seriously curved. If you are curious about the sleeve length, let me know, I'll try to take some pictures because I didn't feel confident in the measurements I was getting (they seemed long). But I think LW measurements can be deceiving?
All in the jacket cost me $550, it was a good deal. Hearing offers for the next few days, make an offer.

Vietnam era M-65 army field jacket
Small long, nearly new
Feels like it hasn't been used. "GENERAL" branded zip, nice and big, truly a pleasure to pull. Really comfortable proportions. I feel like the sizing is flexible, could work for a slim tall guy or more athletic tall guy depending on how he likes his clothes to fit. A few marks on the arm, and 4 dots in the lower left pocket area that I assumer were from staples in cutter tags, something like that (please contact me if you want closer photos of these).
I paid $225 for this. Make an offer.
P2P +21"/ sleeve 25.5"/ length from base of collar stand taken from back 32"

NOS Sears gear-
I don't want to unpin/ unbox these. All I have to note is that sizing harrington jackets with raglan shoulders can be flexible, for example one of my most worn jackets is in this same material/ color tagged 46L with raglan sleeves, I'm really something along the lines of a 37R but I like a roomy fit. The same jacket in a size 38 fits but has a different silhouette. YMMV. Material here is a 65/ 35 poly and combed cotton blend, the navy looks gorgeous, smooth and has a wonderful tone that I find ages well.
I paid up for these at an estate sale in an Illinois suburb last year. Not something I've seen before. Make an offer.

Equus belt, black bridle leather, brass roller buckle
New in branded dustbag
Extremely high quality bridle leather belt, beautiful brass and shining black leather from the renowned Sedgwick tannery. Thick. Has initials and company logo pressed in gold foil on the reverse. Will age well.
I paid $175 with shipping ordered directly from the Equus workshop. Make an offer.
width 1 3/8" distance to center hole ~29.5"

Vintage brown leather belt, brass buckle
Worn, shows patina, age, regular wear. Not branded. 2 stud marks in the middle of belt, not sure what this would be from- one of them is visible in the photographs.
Brogue detail. I paid $20 for this. I like it, but don't use it... Make an offer.

Thank you!

Last edited:

antoine p

One of the Regulars
Bump- most jackets, both belts still for sale, will go into long term storage at the end of the week and be inaccessible for months- let me know if you’re interested, make an offer.
Shoes sold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner