Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather and Aero Tailoring

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
High quality, FQHH jacket tailoring; done right!

I recently decided to “tweak” my Aero Maxwell. I wanted to “level” the jacket, by removing the majority of the front drop. Some might cry heresy, but when you wear a 48, with 33 inch sleeves, the resale market is extremely limited. Tailoring is the best, and perhaps only option, for jackets in my size.

As I needed to avoid the delays of overseas shipping (actually, I question if Aero would have undertaken this type of tailoring), Carrie, at Thurston Brothers, immediately recommended Alan and the group at Johnson Leather.

A short email, very knowlegeable telephone conversation with Alan, and my Maxwell was sent to the West Coast. There, it was expertly reworked, re-stitched, and returned. A seamless process; looking at the seams, I would never know there was any work done.

The photos of the seams. First two back, is the untouched Aero stitching. Next two front, is Johnson leather stitching. The work was only done to the front of the Maxwell.

Alan and crew, thank you! Outstanding job! A true pleasure working with you. I cannot recommend your work, enough.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
That's impressive - it looks as if the jacket was ordered that way. I've only ever handled the one Johnson (steady!!), my D-Pocket. Bought used, so I've got no personal dealing with the company, but if this is indicative of their product quality, I'm very impressed.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks great Dr. S. Like you, I probably prefer not to have that front drop too. Appears JL did an exemplary job with your Maxwell.

53Effie

A-List Customer
I've had Johnson install new liners in two of my Aero jackets and the results have been very good. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana