Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JOHNSON LEATHER: Custom Double Rider

Uffizi

New in Town
So I contacted Alan at Johnson leather with an idea for a custom double rider in goat skin a little while back. My idea was something that I could wear in the warmer months, not necessarily for riding but just so that I could stay in leather longer like the good lord intended. Now by "idea" I mean a wild assortment of my eccentricities spoken with an even wilder assortment of images... Well Alan and his dream team speak my language because what they delivered exceeded my expectations and does more than just fit my physical build perfectly (which is odd enough), but fits my personality, which makes Alan some type of leather shaman stitch whisperer.

Uffizi

New in Town
Anyway enough talk, here's my new favorite jacket
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg
8.jpeg
9.jpeg
10.jpeg

Uffizi

New in Town
This is my second custom from Johnson Leather and I can honestly say they have a customer for life. I've had historic repro from all the other companies, I've had fashion leather, I've had vintage - nothing is quite like seeing your wildest leather fantasy take form in an actual jacket. And of course the pleasure of working with Alan always make the process even better as he's full of great ideas and suggestions. I already have ideas for a teacore horsehide boiling in my brain :)

Uffizi

New in Town
Just some details:

Leather is 3oz Goatskin

Lining is NOS handwoven Kasuri rayon made in Japan in the 50s. Has a great texture to it, not just the boring smooth I'm used to.

And the quality is exactly what you can always expect from Johnson Leather, top notch, not a single complaint from me. Did the measurements with a testing jacket through the mail and it fits to the T. I'll try and get some fit pics up some time this week.

My lord, that jacket looks amazing. Great mix of different styles and ideas. The double belts are cool, the subtle stud work is perfectly done and that leather looks spot on. The different colored mouton collars are a great touch. The lining is different and I want some of it. Great jacket man, well done.

Mich486

One Too Many
Really really like it! Something very unique which looks classic and modern at the same time. Well done!

The lining is awesome [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mowgli222

One of the Regulars
The jacket looks amazing.. Any fit pictures?

How is the lining on the jacket. Would you say that lining works to make the jacket more breathable in the summer months?

Peacoat

Bartender
Johnson Leathers does good work. Alan has my ThunderBay right now, putting a decent size zipper on it.

JL did a bang up job on your jacket. I looks really good in the goat. Congratulations.

Uffizi

New in Town
The jacket looks amazing.. Any fit pictures?

How is the lining on the jacket. Would you say that lining works to make the jacket more breathable in the summer months?

Fit pics will be coming a little later this week when I'm out and about, I kind of hate standing around in the backyard looking awkward.

As for the lining it's rayon so it's definitely breathable and is much better for the summer months than anything else I can think of other than actual silk. The fact it's woven rayon also adds to it's breathability, it's super lightweight even compared to other rayon linings I have. I'll break into a sweat if somebody next to me is eating something spicy so climate control with this jacket was a big focus. The combination of the goatskin and particular lining will keep me on ice well into warmer weather.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very cool jacket and I love the blue and red snap on collars. I too see elements of Lewis Leathers in the horizontal pocket on the right side. Sweet jacket man, congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto