Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Steerhide HB button front 1920’s style BEAST– 44

Kunja

Practically Family
Mixed feelings about selling this one as I really like this jacket, and I’m never going to find another like it, but the sleeves are just too long for me and I’m faced with the choice of spending more to make this work, or just cashing out. With more jackets on the rack than I care to admit, I’m leaning toward the cash.

This is an incredible custom order, one-of-a-kind jacket from Johnson Leather. I think it is 6-8 years old and I believe its steerhide. It’s a very heavy-duty 4-5 oz leather, but nicely soft and supple. Soft leather lined pockets, rayon sleeves and flannel liner. It’s a very unique jacket!

Be advised that this is one of the very heaviest leather jackets I’ve ever owned at 7 lbs 9oz. But it is not stiff or “suit of armor” like, this is a soft and supple jacket. Just very heavy leather.

I’m 6 feet/180 and typically best wear a 42, but this one fits me well, if slightly roomy in the chest and shoulders. It’s a comfortable fit other than the sleeve length. Overall I’d say the fit is pretty true to 44, just a bit long in the arms.

No odors, or damage. There are some small wear marks and patina (see the button hole photos), but nothing that detracts. I’m probably the third or fourth owner, but I’ve only worn it out and about three times.

Here is a link to the post from Ton312 whom I purchased this from last Winter:

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...e-button-front-hb-jacket.103086/#post-2765692

See photos for measurements.

$630 delivered in the US, PPFF.

Thanks for looking and questions welcomed.

johnsonsleather20s-kunja-1.jpg
johnsonsleather20s-kunja-2.jpg
johnsonsleather20s-kunja-3.jpg
johnsonsleather20s-kunja-5.jpg
johnsonsleather20s-kunja-6.jpg
johnsonsleather20s-kunja-9.jpg
johnsonsleather20s-kunja-10.jpg
johnsonsleather20s-kunja-11.jpg
johnsonsleather20s-kunja-12.jpg
johnsons-leather-1920s-kunja-1.jpg

Leatherbirdsoul

One of the Regulars
Very cool jacket.

This one is too large for me. But its going to be hard not to end up with a Johnson MTO the next time I drive through SF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana