Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers Levi repro w/mods galore

IMG_6373.JPG
Perhaps this will inspire some headshaking and fist wringing but I've decided after a good deal of thought to let this one go. Between the J106 and my pending Bootlegger 2.0 I think I'd like to actually diversify my collection while not exceeding three leather jackets...
Details:
Tagged a size 40" but please see below...
Measured the right way it's:

23.5" p2p
19.5" across shoulders
26.5" sleeve from shoulder to cuff
26.5" length in back
Horween Black overdye CXL

It has riri # 8 black oxidized zips and the liner is Japanese flannel in the body and nylon quilt in the sleeves. The handwarmers are leather lined, while the chest pocket is white canvas. The button cuffs are bone. The fur collar snaps on/off. It's a really well appointed jacket. Alan did a wonderful job of it.

Just under a year ago I paid $1350 for it.
I will sell it here for $715USD plus shipping of your choice...certainly not giving it away but I feel it's more than worth it. I will send a PayPal invoice for payment. Happy to ship overseas but please be aware it will be expensive. I won't cram it into a small box and it weighs a legitimate 10lbs. For reference

I'm 5'11 215lbs. Happy to provide any additional pics or info. Please PM. I'm quick to reply and really want to see this jacket land with the right person.
IMG_6377.JPG

IMG_6381.JPG

IMG_6378.JPG

IMG_6379.JPG

IMG_6374.JPG

IMG_6380.JPG

IMG_6375.JPG

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
That Vanson. That's how! I'll still have two cross zips! A George divided cannot stand!
I'll never understand your bizarre jacket quota.... Well, good luck with the sale, and I hope you don't regret it. Although I can't see HOW...

GraceNote13

One of the Regulars
Your nuts for selling it. It's funny I sold you my bootlegger and it turned out a bit short for you and I would love to buy this jacket but I know it would be to long for me. lol

Your nuts for selling it. It's funny I sold you my bootlegger and it turned out a bit short for you and I would love to buy this jacket but I know it would be to long for me. lol
It would...but you've learned. I haven't. I'd probably buy that same bootlegger again!

technovox

One Too Many
Jeez...What a beauty! And I really thought that one was going to be a keeper for you. BTW- the last I checked, Alan at JL had ran out of the Horween Overdyed Black and wasn't able to get anymore.

Jeez...What a beauty! And I really thought that one was going to be a keeper for you. BTW- the last I checked, Alan at JL had ran out of the Horween Overdyed Black and wasn't able to get anymore.
I'll let it marinate. If someone comes along and wants it great. If not equally great...

Wow. Love everything about it. Would it fit me at 5'11, 185 lbs or much too big?
It's hard to say. It's a slim fit on me. Best to compare my numbers against something that fits you well. Lengths would be good...but depending on the fit you're after. I don't know. I'm pretty thick up top.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I'll let it marinate. If someone comes along and wants it great. If not equally great...
I think you should update your rule to 3 jackets from one maker... Or color... Or style... Or something. Of course if you keep letting great jackets slip through your fingers, I'm apt to pick up a few nicely discounted, nearly new bargains at your expense... But I'd hate to do that to you too often.

I think you should update your rule to 3 jackets from one maker... Or color... Or style... Or something. Of course if you keep letting great jackets slip through your fingers, I'm apt to pick up a few nicely discounted, nearly new bargains at your expense... But I'd hate to do that to you too often.
I can't take the advice of a man who picked up three jackets of all star caliber within a week:). But I hear you. I think three is good. No pressure to wear what doesn't get worn.
1 black d pocket
1 brown x zip halfbelt
1 oxblood CR
Annnnd done.

For now.

retire to the friendly observer life on TFL.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
And just about the time you all thought the classified were getting a little "sparse" this comes along, and then a J106..... :)

Christ, what a jacket... I don't understand how can anything be heavier than this but I believe you.

But yeah, too many jackets isn't good. I'm still chasing my dream of having only one.

apba1166

A-List Customer
With cuffs buttoned can you easily put the jacket on? Or do you have to button and un-button? I have a Johnson with tight cuffs but it has snaps so that's easy.

With cuffs buttoned can you easily put the jacket on? Or do you have to button and un-button? I have a Johnson with tight cuffs but it has snaps so that's easy.
I could probably push my hand thru buttoned but I never close the cuffs...kinda like the way I don't zip close the cuffs on an M/C jacket...I just prefer them open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points