Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers - Stitching and lining quality

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Hi TFL-members,
As far as stitching and lining quality are concerned, my personal favorites are Lost Worlds (perfect stitches, especially combined with the thick/heavy 4oz+ HH and undestroyable lining - Bedford car coat) and Freewheelers. How would you rate Johnson Leathers if LW and FW are A+++++ , Thedi is A++++ and Aero is a A++ (Aero basically as far as stitching quality is concerned, since they have A+++++ linings)? I'm considering a bootlegger style jacket in heavy HH or steer hide and am considering JL.
Thank you for your advice!
Kind regards,
Robbie

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't get all those pluses after the A rating. A or A+ is as far as I'd want to go. But really any A rating is all you need in a jacket. Best stitching I have seen was a Banana Republic jacket. Lining not so much. Stitching on the original vintage jackets was often a bit variable (a C, maybe) but didn't make the jackets any less cool or long lasting.

Johnson is on par with Aero. You need to specify what kind of lining you are after. You can get the same drill lining Aero use - which is an industry standard and as good as anything. A Johnson Leathers jacket will last you a lifetime - if that's what you're getting at.

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I own three Johnson Leather jackets. These are no art pieces as most japanese jackets, but highly functional outerwear (by which I do not mean to say japanese leather jackets are not functional) that is last to built. No clue what precisely you care for in stitching, but the stitch lines are straight, the stitch count is medium and there's no lose threads. My Johnsons are amongst my most worn jackets and you certainly won't go wrong with them, especially considering their very competitive pricing. Lining they can put lots of different things into it, just e-mail Alan and ask what they got.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for your reply. To be more precise. I'm searching for a heavy 4oz+ jacket (Aero bootlegger style) which has the same stitching quality as Lost Worlds and lining is not a must but the one which my LW Bedford has is the best I've ever seen...as said before seems to be undestroyable (much better than Aero's Heavy Duty Cotton Drill Brown which is quite good). I'm not searching for a "heavy duty" jacket (I'm not riding).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk