Just a jacket drawing after watching some cowboy movie on TV

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by navetsea, Apr 1, 2016.

1. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]
    somehow came up with this, racer western blend
    lol, those D rings on the bottom perfectly make sense to me, but for most people it would be unnecessary clutter perhaps :p

just sharing, feel free to use the idea.

gee ... I wish some company would actually hire me to do this kind of doodles, just a wishful thinking

Edward, TPD166, tblay and 4 others like this.
  2. ton312

ton312

I love this design! And yeah somebody should hire you for this talent. Forget about jackets for average joes man...you should be designing these for use in films!

navetsea likes this.
  3. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

Nice, it really reminds me of the jacket that the bad guy is wearing in 3:10 to Yuma!
    It looks like the Cafe Racer version of his jacket, mandarin collar, single breasted, but the spirit is there

[​IMG]

RJR, tblay, bn1966 and 2 others like this.
  4. barnabus

barnabus Practically Family

That was my first thought too. It's a great sketch and would make for an interesting and neat jacket.

I've become quite partial to button-fastening jackets recently, for some reason.

TPD166 and navetsea like this.
  5. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Thanks

I was watching True Grit 2010
    and this shawl collar had a set of pockets that I thought would work as racer jacket, so I changed the collar to be pop-up able, side panel, and kidney panel to make it more racer like
    [​IMG]

6. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

DO IT!

navetsea and bn1966 like this.
  7. emigran

emigran Practically Family

Awesome bro... I'd buy one...

navetsea likes this.
  8. tblay

tblay One of the Regulars

That's really inventive. I'd certainly buy that!

navetsea likes this.
  9. RJR

RJR

Very cool look.

navetsea likes this.
  10. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

thank you for the nice thoughts gents, .... I just spent all my hobby budget on a new gaming PC... so no new leather jacket(s) in plan currently :( only on paper, or perhaps on fabrics if I could find a nice thick canvas.
    [​IMG]
    this time just another racer inspired, with non zipper hand warmers (the first time I even think of handwarmers) :)
    [​IMG]
    I'm lost at pocket options...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  11. Edward

Edward Bartender

Interesting design ideas. The second one has a much more modern vibe to it - I could imagine it being the basis for an armoured racing-jacket.

navetsea likes this.
  12. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie Call Me a Cab

The one in the middle on the bottom line is the one I like best. Four pockets look too much for my personal preferences and on this Kind of racer I'd pick chest pockets over handwarmer pockets. The angle on this one blends in best with the overal aesthetics of the design.

navetsea likes this.
  13. Monitor

Monitor

Dig the main zipper waist snap. That would actually be quite useful, it would lower the strain on the zipper...

I like the middle bottom one best, too, but I like the fifth one, top row as well. Though that could be because it reminds me of LL Phantom.

navetsea likes this.
  14. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

I clearly had too much time yesterday :D
    @Edward
    thanks :) I really should try to buy these armor foams and make internal pockets or perhaps pockets in between removable lining and the leather shell

@jacketjunkie
    I truly agree 2nd row #3 is my fav as well, slightly similar configuration I already use on my previous jacket (on that jacket they were just ventilation without real pocket bag though)

@Monitor
    thanks for seeing that snap so happy someone get it, I had loose stitches on my previous jacket, currently I sent it back to its maker to have the sleeve altered and make stronger stitches at the start/ bottom on main zipper, as it bears real pressure when I use it to ride
    the 1st row #5 looks like your awesome jacket's pocket :D

Edward likes this.
  15. Edward

Edward Bartender

It's intersting how pockets make a difference. If I was getting a cafe raceer again myself, I think I too would go chest pocket(s) only..... On all my halfbelts and my Highwayman I have handwarmer pockets that I never use, but they're there for the look of the thing....

16. Monitor

Monitor

Seen it happen on too many jackets and the worst part is, it's really hard to get it fixed. They usually recommend replacing the entire main zipper so that's pretty bad if it's the jacket with one of those priceless Talons or Servals or something.

lol yeah, I was wondering too if I like it because I got used to the pocket config of the LL Phantom... But there's just something cool about it, probably because it's least common (after the straight vertical ones, that is).

17. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

What is the purpose of the D rings at the bottom of the jacket?

18. Monitor

Monitor

For chaps, of course.

19. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

Aha. I ride "English" and we wear chaps that don't attach to the jacket. They buckle on at the waist. I thought Western riders wore them the same way.

20. Monitor

Monitor

lol I made that up actually, I'm not sure what the D rings are for either. XD