Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just another Alden Indy Boot 403 Chromexcel Review

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Hello loungers,

I am very excited right now. I just received a new (to me) pair of Alden 403, Brown, Chromexcel Indy Boots.

This is the second pair of Aldens I have owned. The first pair was the 405. Although I paid almost full price for them they must have been seconds as the heel pad was off-centered. I sold them right away.

A couple of weeks ago my mind started 'wondering' again and I found a used pair of 403s on eBay. They had just been re-soled by Alden, so the leather was used, but the soles were brand new.

I normally wear an 11 or 11.5, and these were a 10D, so I was a bit concerned they ay be too small. I was comforted by the many "order a 1/2 size small" posts and reviews I have read on the web.

I held my breath, crossed my fingers, hoped, and said my prayers.

They came today and I must say they are "at least" as good fitting as any shoes I have ever tried on. Maybe the very best (but who can actually remember every shoe, right?).

I am thoroughly impressed with the looks, comfort, and build. The 10D fits me like a glove. I am not sure if this is because they are Chromexcel, because they are broken in, because they run big, or all of the above...but I love them.

If you are, like me, an Indiana Jones fan, love leather, hand-made craftsmanship, shoes, boots, etc., I would simply say GO FOR THEM!
IMG_2477_zpslb60uyxg.jpg
IMG_2472_zpsk91giwfx.jpg
IMG_2474_zpsoep9aggr.jpg
IMG_2479_zpsdiazailw.jpg

Last edited:

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
One thing I failed to mention... the price of these things have skyrocketed from around $350, when I first became aware of these boots, to an astonishing $550 now. I jumped on the opportunity to own these for the $300 I paid.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points