Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just HAD to share this one

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
OK, this one needs some setup before viewing.
About a year ago we started building our home/hat shop/ranch and one of the first things I did was locate a master carpenter that was interested in working both for and with me to build our dream. The gent I found was/is perfect. He showed up in the most beat up wool fedora, old pickup with tools hanging everywhere and excited about the entire picture of what we wanted to do. Frankly he scared the doodoo out of me..can this guy really be good??? well, he's wearing a hat, can't be all bad..I suppose..
In short, yup, he really IS that good and we have become not only carpenter/employer but also friends who know how to push each others buttons. That being said, he asked me if I could get him a palm leaf straw for summer a couple of weeks ago as his was wearing out at the crown. My response? PALM LEAF!!! I DONT WORK IN CRAP!!! and promptly put a panama on a block for him but didn't have time to finish it. This last Monday he showed up with DUCT tape over the crown and an innocent look on his face. What? you don't like duct tape? I huffed on...mumbling..come to a hatters home with duct tape on his hat..geeze..off to the shop and finished the panama I was working on for him, went back to the barn where he was working, pulled the hat off his head, threw it into the horse stall and mounted a brand new Cuenca on his head. He smiled and said " I KNEW you wouldn't be able to stand it"..he had my number.
So with that background and his birthday coming up on Sunday I decided to build him another unique hat and will present it to him at the party we are having for him on Monday. Hope you enjoy the VS DT Special.. I'll be taking orders in the near future.

http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/The%20Lounge/DT1.jpg
http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/The%20Lounge/DT2.jpg
http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/The%20Lounge/DT3.jpg

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ha ha! That's hilarious!

lol lol lol Great for band roadies too, no doubt, who consider duct tape their number one tool of the trade! What a riot!

Magus

Practically Family
Hey Art...can you achieve that in a greay and Black. Thinking black "ribbon" and binding against the grey hat just might be stunning.

TNC

M

PS...I have to admit that actually....the DT model has a nice overall shape to it (seriously) Your handiwork shows even there.

astaire

One of the Regulars
Now i know what to wear...

when i plan to visit Art's place sometime around october...lol

I know you probably don't know me Art. But quietly, i've been planning to visit portland area around october and am seriously thinking about visiting you.

will PM you when the plan is definite.

I hope i'm welcomed....

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Vintage 1928 pure mercury duct tape fedora

Looks like a 10,000X ?? Is that the Platinum duct tape from your private tape source?
The pounce job must have taken you days to finish.:D :eek: :D

EricH

One of the Regulars
I really like the hat Art, but I have too many grays. Will it be available in a brown version as well? Also can you get the brim wider with a raw edge. :eusa_doh: Oh, this is a joke or is it.....

http://www.ducttapefashion.com/

Course if a felt fedora will protect you from a nuclear attack, maybe a duct tape fedora and hanky will protect you from a chemical attack hmmmmmm:rolleyes:

Eric

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
LOL...now THIS is fun!!! Haven't worked up the full line but the options suggested are possible, except the gaffer's tape. What the heck is "gaffers tape"???
BTW..didn't know that I could get the platinum material in so many colors...caution orange coming soon...

Of course you will be welcome Astaire...c'mon up

Baggers

Practically Family
Art Fawcett said:
...What the heck is "gaffers tape"???...

It's the movie industry's version of duct tape, only in a dull black. Lighting techs (the chief lighting tech is called the Gaffer) use it to secure cables out of the way, attach colored gels to frames, make minor repairs, etc. In my experience, there's always at least one crew member on set with a roll dangling from his tool belt.

Cheers!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I now know..

..your sunshine deprived brain, from six months of rain in your new home in Oregon has finally pushed you over the edge!:eusa_doh:

That is a hoot! When I come up, there will be duct tape on the fuel caps to the plane...you won't stand that..and I'm sure you'll spot me for $4.31 per gallon!:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ