Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kanaljacke

elot64

New in Town
Hi folks,

My name is erik lenderink and i live in the netherlands in a small place called otterlo, nearby Arnhem, well know for his famous bridge and battles.
Im new here, but i like this forum about the jackets you all wear,
especially luftwaffe jackets.

Some years ago i was very exited about buying a original kanaljacke on ebay.
So i did and after a couple of weeks the jacket arrived. Despite the seller told on ebay that it was a very large seize id did not fit and it was even to small. So i decided to send it back without any trouble.The jacket was in excellent condition, as you can see, and was very expensive.
3194323896_799d3ea2b2_m.jpg
3194324506_0b658e02a0_m.jpg
3194324368_812cc70cb4_m.jpg

So i still had no jacket and my money fully returned, i still want to have this kind of jacket so i was looking for a tailor who can made this special jacket in leather in my size by the picture;s wich i had taken before ofcourse.
After a long search on the internet I finally found a tailor in the capitol city of Holland Den Haag. After a couple of visits my jacket was ready and i was surpised how good it was and it even looks good in blue leather.
The original jacket was made of cotton and used in the summer, In the winter they had a sheepskin jacket mostly blue of color.
See my jacket and compare and let me know what you think off it:
3194330502_cc55c16998_m.jpg
3194330752_8792709fc5_m.jpg
3194330974_3a51fa93ff_m.jpg

If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask me!
Thank you for reading my story and good luck with this site

erik

John Lever

One Too Many
Erik,
You are like me. You started something and hung on until you had finished the project. I, like others here am a big fan of German jackets. Was your jacket expensive to make ?
Here's a copy of a 1930's bike jacket that Aero are making for me. This is the first attempt, but it is too long and is being re-made in brown horse hide.
IMGP2494.jpg

elot64

New in Town
Hi john
Thank you for replying,

The jacket was about 500 euro to make, but its the only one in the world and that is what matters.
There is a replica's from cotton for sale but i dont like this jacket, see for yourself:
http://www.nose-art.de/de/fliegerjacken_kanal.php
fliegerjacken_kanal_d10.jpg

They recently offered a new jacket on there website wich i do like
http://www.nose-art.de/de/fliegerjacken_mswinter.php
fliegerjacken_mswinter_g.jpg

But why they call it Messerschmitt® Winterfliegerjacke i really dont know,
its a kanaljacket for the winter, see the details, i think it will sell better with that name!
It looks very much as my jacket, they used sheepskin leather, wich is certainly more original!
You jacket is very beautifull, but whats wrong with the color?

erik

kools

Practically Family
Well done, both of you. I appreciate how particular you each are to make sure you get it done right.

Erik...welcome to the lounge. I've spent quite a lot of time in Arnhem...It's been a couple of years, so I miss the Netherlands.

John Lever

One Too Many
elot64 said:
Hi john
Thank you for replying,

The jacket was about 500 euro to make, but its the only one in the world and that is what matters.
There is a replica's from cotton for sale but i dont like this jacket, see for yourself:
http://www.nose-art.de/de/fliegerjacken_kanal.php
fliegerjacken_kanal_d10.jpg

They recently offered a new jacket on there website wich i do like
http://www.nose-art.de/de/fliegerjacken_mswinter.php
fliegerjacken_mswinter_g.jpg

But why they call it Messerschmitt® Winterfliegerjacke i really dont know,
its a kanaljacket for the winter, see the details, i think it will sell better with that name!
It looks very much as my jacket, only they used horse leather, wich is certainly more original!
You jacket is very beautifull, but whats wrong with the color?

erik
A member here can answer that question I think, he is the owner of the company that sells them. Paden ? [Ingo]

Paden

Vendor
Yes, I can do.:)
Messerschmitt is our registred trade mark in Europe, we use this for jackets and in the future for more leather goods.
Perhaps it sells better, but I cansay for true it sounds better and everybody knows what type of jacket we sell.
The jacket is made of sheepskin,the original is a sheepskin kanaljacke.
Waistband is cotton.
We will bring a leather version like your jacket in the next time.

Regards,

Ingo

elot64

New in Town
Paden said:
Yes, I can do.:)
Messerschmitt is our registred trade mark in Europe, we use this for jackets and in the future for more leather goods.
Perhaps it sells better, but I cansay for true it sounds better and everybody knows what type of jacket we sell.
The jacket is made of sheepskin,the original is a sheepskin kanaljacke.
Waistband is cotton.
We will bring a leather version like your jacket in the next time.

Regards,

Ingo

Hello ingo,

Thanks for replying, i know you company and i even visited your store in erkelenz where i bought a very nice royal air force sweater.
Nice shop and very nice people!
I fully agree with you about that its sounds better, but its actually a winter kanaljacke, but i certainly love it and i will buy it in the future.
May i ask you opinion about my jacket? I realy would have liked it in sheepskin but the tailor did not have it at that moment.
But i use it on my heinkel scooter....
2928426143_5964fdeb4c_m.jpg

erik

Paden

Vendor
Hi Erik,

very nice jacket!!!!
That the reason,why we will have one in the fúture, too.;)
But we will tailor it by Aero.
By the way, we will change rooms from end of january and get bigger rooms.
Also we will have some nice sugar cane denims.

regards,

Ingo

buler

I'll Lock Up
John Lever said:
Erik,
You are like me. You started something and hung on until you had finished the project. I, like others here am a big fan of German jackets. Was your jacket expensive to make ?
Here's a copy of a 1930's bike jacket that Aero are making for me. This is the first attempt, but it is too long and is being re-made in brown horse hide.
IMGP2494.jpg

Very nice. John, I think we need a whole thread on that jacket! If its being re-made, what is Aero going to do with that one. Great style.

John Lever

One Too Many
buler said:
Very nice. John, I think we need a whole thread on that jacket! If its being re-made, what is Aero going to do with that one. Great style.
This is a copy of a jacket that someone gave me. I was told it is a 1930's m/c jacket. Will at Aero says it's typical of Spanish Civil War jackets. The original is very small at about a size 30 or less. It's also rotten as a pear.
Unfortunately the jacket Aero made is about 3 to 4 inches [ 75 to 100 mm.] too long, so they are very kindly making another one for me. I am sure they will be able to make more jackets as the pattern is there to be used. My jacket is made from Vintage Brown HH. With an Alpaca lining and satin sleeves. I thought the doubling of leather as per a true m/c jacket would be uncomfortable, and the double buttons too theatrical for me. I also specified a different cuff.
Here's the original -

IMGP1020.jpg

Amanda at Aero tells me that jackets it won't be available online for some time and they have asked me to name it.

hi elot - your one's marvellous! i've been searching for years for such stuff, but i found that the merchants (and a special fan group) are just begin to take care for this kind of jackets.

Paden - good to hear that your tracking this now (and your website's nice!). i got the luftwaffe from ELC through you and i've been very satisfied with your service and still love the jacket.

and john - your approach is highly professional, too. good to know there's folks like you out there. i am currently planning a modified aero for today's sporting pilots needs and have already some conversation with amanda.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Aero are offering a Luftwaffe, cloth flight jacket- looks to be the same one as in the link, above. I remember the proprietor of Aero swearing that Aero would never offer any "Nazi" jackets for sale.

I guess money speaks.

Germany, I believe, is one of, or perhaps their biggest market.

B
T

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
BellyTank said:
Aero are offering a Luftwaffe, cloth flight jacket- looks to be the same one as in the link, above. I remember the proprietor of Aero swearing that Aero would never offer any "Nazi" jackets for sale.

I guess money speaks.

Germany, I believe, is one of, or perhaps their biggest market.

B
T

I'm sorry but do you link increased "Nazi" jacket sales by Aero to Germany being their biggest market? I think that's not only offending but also not logical. No regular guy in germany would ever touch a "Nazi" jacket, I think the biggest market for that would be any country BUT germany. That is because the general public is very aware of not wearing anything that could be related to being a nazi. In other countries that's not quite as strict and there are many collectors of nazi militaria and stuff.

Of course there are some neo-nazi morons in germany too:rage: , but I've never seen anyone of them wearing a Luftwaffe jacket..

But maybe I got your point wrong, if so then sorry for the rant.

Luke 42

One of the Regulars
All well then, I didn't get yout point right. It was not my intention to put words into your mouth, that's just what I read out of your post.

As I said..sorry for the rant then:)

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Me too.

My meaning was that there IS an interest in German flight jackets, in Germany,
as there is everywhere else and Germany is a big market for Aero. I also presume that the Kanaljacke sold by Aero is NOT made by Aero (could possibly be wrong) but made in Germany.

The mention of the word "Nazi" was just relating to the inanity of that particular description of 1940s German flight jackets.

There's the explanation I'm not going to go into.

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats