Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Khaki (and other cotton) semi dress trousers

Pat_H

A-List Customer
Any recommendations?

There's Dockers, of course, but the local outlets are limited in what they seem to stock, so I was pondering ordering over the net.

The L. L. Bean ones come in limited color choices for this sort of trouser (which makes sense, I guess, as they are khakis), at least as to the dress ones. They have some that come in more color selections but if I wear just general pants, rather than dress or semi dress, I go with jeans.

Suggestions? I prefer for them not to be light weight fabric, fwiw.

Edward

Bartender
I find this us an area where repop military stuff from the likes of WPG/ SOF excel. Buy a light tan one and you can also dye them almost any other colour.

Cocker

Practically Family
I'm gonna sound like a broken record here, but have you checked what Pike Brothers has to offer? They have multiple "khaki" trousers, in different fits, with different colors. I own their 1948 engineering pants, and the material is definitely not on the light side.

Edward

Bartender
I'm gonna sound like a broken record here, but have you checked what Pike Brothers has to offer? They have multiple "khaki" trousers, in different fits, with different colors. I own their 1948 engineering pants, and the material is definitely not on the light side.

Could be a good option if youl ike the fit. I've been impresed with the quality of all Pike bits I've handled, though I found the trousers I looked at a bit too skinny in the leg and low in the waist for my tastes.

Cocker

Practically Family
Could be a good option if youl ike the fit. I've been impresed with the quality of all Pike bits I've handled, though I found the trousers I looked at a bit too skinny in the leg and low in the waist for my tastes.

It depends on the model. The 1948 engineer I have is comfortably wide in the legs, and the waist is sitting somewhere between a modern and a high rise one. Perfect for the year they're aiming for, IMO. The 1942 is somewhat the same in leg width, with a rise a bit higher, and the 1932 engineer is even more wide and more high. I won't go nowhere near their narrow fit.

Edward

Bartender
It depends on the model. The 1948 engineer I have is comfortably wide in the legs, and the waist is sitting somewhere between a modern and a high rise one. Perfect for the year they're aiming for, IMO. The 1942 is somewhat the same in leg width, with a rise a bit higher, and the 1932 engineer is even more wide and more high. I won't go nowhere near their narrow fit.

That's useful to know; I've handled a lot fo the narrower / lower ones, and I wasn't impressed ith the cut, though to be fair they were, I think, based on a more Victorian style but with a lowered waist asx a commercial consideration. THe others one you mention sound much better. Cut aside, the quality of cloth and manufacture was excellent.

Cocker

Practically Family
I've been eyeing the 1932 engineer pants for a while, now: https://www.pikebrothers-shop.com/ItemView.action?request_locale=en&number=P0102-14-0001

This Sunday, there's a small event at M-Perception. It's a small shop in Maastricht, selling Poke, Red Wings, Lee 101 and so on. John from Pike Brothers will be there, introducing their new collections, there'll be some whiskeys, too. Seen I'm not that far, I think I'll go and have a look, could be interesting!

Pat_H

A-List Customer

I'll do that, thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko