Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kingston '66 - A Different Kind of Haberdashery

When I first thought about opening a shop in New York about ten years ago, the name was going to be Kingston '66, so it's natural that I went back to my roots and reclaimed it. I've been working on the site all week, and though there are a few wrinkles to iron out, it's the best I could do in a that short of a time. More pics will be posted after I take care of some other pressing matters and get the new Cad website up.

You can find the new clothing site at http://kingston66.com

Fire at will,

Senator Jack

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Fantastic! I'd love to have a suit like the Delegate. The site looks great and the writing is well done. I'll probably only be able to afford whatever goes under Accessories, but I'm looking forward to seeing the site grow and hopefully seeing pictures of your satisfied clientelle in your creations.

grey ghost

One of the Regulars
Love the line,,,,,,,

I would love to have a suit from you........

where are you located...PM me on the particulars...

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The site looks good Jack.Perhaps a slower fade-in of the text. It distracts ones eye from focusing on the clothing but it certainly fits the name. Good luck man

For my eagle-eye pal, Linc.

tux4.jpg

Regards.

Jack

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damn Jack, the Financier is fantastic!! That is a fine looking suit. I like it.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Robert's got a great eye for 20s/30s. As I said, he's been collecting for some quarter-century now, but rather than just making a copy of a suit, he went to the tailor with sketches to put The Financier together. I know he's disappointed that we didn't get the fishtail back like he wanted, but we're going to work on that.

To start, we can only take appointments in NY, LA, SF, Chicago, Seattle, and Portland, but once we get rolling, we hope to move on to the rest of the country. I'll keep you posted

Regards,

Jack

Warbaby

One Too Many
Beautiful suits - the Financier is drop-dead gorgeous! If I may make a friendly criticism of the site, though...I think that big scrolling banner at the bottom is unattractive and annoying, and generally cheapens the overall look of the site.

Warbaby said:
I think that big scrolling banner at the bottom is unattractive and annoying, and generally cheapens the overall look of the site.

And I think you're absolutely right about that. I never had the time to get it how I wanted it to look, and I have to fix it. Still working out the overall font and color scheme for the site, too. Slow process and I'm just about burned out on it.

Thanks,

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points