Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kitchen Items

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I was watching I love Lucy, and there's an episode (Lucy Raises Chickens) where I noticed this radio cabinet on the counter behind her. I love this radio cabinet. I've never seen one in person. Anyone have one? I wonder how hard they are to find.

lucy oh betty1.png lucy oh betty2.png

If you have any great or favorite vintage kitchen items, I'd love to see a thread of them. :)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
That's a Guild "Spice Chest" radio -- Guild made all sorts of novelty-type cabinets in the 40s and 50s, usually with simple five-tube AC-DC radios in them.

Martin_Guild_484_(1956)_nr2.jpg

This model turns up with both the louvered doors seen here and solid doors, but it's the same radio in either style.

I've got a simple Emerson in my kitchen --

MartinD_Emerson_BF-204_(1938).jpg

(Mine is nowhere near as clean as this -- it's got a nice layer of cooking grease protecting the cabinet finish and the dial lens.)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Being a lady that avoids the kitchen as much as humanly possible (haha) I have never heard of these spice radios before, but aren't they just neat!! I'm not a fan of Alexa type units, but wouldn't mind a little radio in the kitchen, so these look like something I would love to have! I guess I should add it to the list of vintage items I want -- a list longer than a CVS receipt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk