Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knit Sweaters

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
HI Gang,

Would like some advice if anyone can help. I would like to have a motorcycle sweater made like the one attached here:

Is there anyone making similar sweaters today? If so I could buy two in different colors and "graft" the sleeves on. Or, I have my own tailor, that's made all of my reenacting clothing and he can make anything. Is there any source for knit wool??

Thanks in Advance !

Clint

1stsargent

New in Town
You would have to look on the japanese market for these types of sweaters and clothing. I have seen them making these before, but forget the links. Maybe some of the other forum members will have better memory.

Rufus

Practically Family
Companies like Sugar Cane (I believe an off shoot company of Buzz Rickson)
make shirts and jackets like this.

I saw similiar ones in Ueno and Aoyama in Tokyo.

If you go over Vintage Leather Jackets forum, there's a member there Miles wood (Username - asiamiles) who's near Yokohama and sells stuff from Japan.

He may be able to help. I bought some Buzz Rickson jackets through him, and he was very helpful.

:) Rufus

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
Interesting Stuff

Hi Fellas,

Being pretty new to this, I'd never heard of these Japanese vintage companies. Very cool ! I searched for Buzz Rickson and found some neat stuff. Not the exact stuff yet but I like much of the dungarees and what-not.

Thanks,
Clint

Rufus

Practically Family
Cheers Clint, those look great!!

Thanks for sharing... I have a terrible feeling I may be spending more money..
Soon.

:) Rufus

cbrunt

One of the Regulars
Hi Gang,

Been several weeks since I've been motivated to post anything...

Anyway, good news on the knit sweater front, for anyone interested. Finally, there's someone making authentic, knit motorcycle jerseys.

The North Los Angeles Motorcycle Club has taken up the task and makes them in black and white or in custom color. http://nlamc.blogspot.com/

Detail of the Indian Script http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aWWlul47h6Q/STnjZJc4STI/AAAAAAAABYI/XNyxQDuRFcU/s1600-h/Indian+sweater.jpg

Have ordered one, with Harley-Davidson block letters, like this original and will post images when it arrives.

Merry Christmas to All !

Clint

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot