Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L.A. Times on local vintage-inspired bands

Espee

Practically Family
The print edition for Sunday 12/9 has an article on L.A.-based performers including Janet Klein, Vaud and the Villains, and Capt. Jeff and his Musical Chumbuckets.
There is a longer version of the article on their site. And back around 12/6, there was, online, a Janet Klein-focused article.
Seems like the material had been in development for several months, and the writer may have had a couple of memory lapses, or he wasn't able to decipher his notes. For example, in one instance Janet is described as a "singer and songwriter"-- but I have heard, or read, her state that her background in poetry hasn't led to songwriting, because her ideas and words would need to conform to the constraints of a tune.

If you can post a link to the on line article that would be good. Sometimes writers do literally have memory lapse. When I was at Egge Machine they had some engine project get a write up in a local hot rod magazine. Sam spent all sorts of time with the interviewing reporter writer. He even gave the guy a parts list and notes. Th writer switched around a lot of info listing the wrong manufacturers for parts and gave credit for the engine to the wrong store.

Sam was absolutely horrified to see his words twisted into something not only untrue but not even logical. The fact the writer still is beathing on his own is simply an oversight on someones part.

Espee

Practically Family
If ever I learn how to copy links (or anything) with iPhone.
I know it can be done, because I once copied something accidentally, which then got pasted into all sorts of places-- accidentally.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
If ever I learn how to copy links (or anything) with iPhone.
I know it can be done, because I once copied something accidentally, which then got pasted into all sorts of places-- accidentally.

Its real easy.
[video=youtube_share;55ig0PAsjlo]http://youtu.be/55ig0PAsjlo[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points