Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies 1940's Curvy Sexy Lipstick Red Beaded 2 Piece Suit auction ending Saturday

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have this 1940's Curvy Sexy Lipstick Red Beaded 2 Piece Suit for sale. Didn't sell at auction, so ignore the subject line on this thread, and this suit is still available:

1940_red_suit2.JPG

1940_red_suit11.JPG

Measurements:

Jacket

Shoulders: Approximately 16"

Bust: Approximately 32", might go up to 34"

Waist: 28"

Sleeve length: 15" from approximate shoulder

Skirt

Waist: Just under 25"

Length: 30"

USED. Excellent condition. Immediately wearable.

1940's Curvy Sexy Lipstick Red Beaded 2 Piece Suit

Jacket has fantastic shaping, and shoulders are not padded, catching with a multiple covered buttons in front of the jacket. Jacket has a beaded collar and gathers on the sleeves to accentuate the arms. All buttons are original to the suit. The label reads Original Symphony Fashions. The color is a lipstick red. See below for exact color. Material is synthetic.

This suit has an extended collar with multiple rows of beads, and there are beaded embellishments on the hips which match the collar.

Jacket and skirt are unlined as shown. The day was extremely bright, so many of the jacket pictures appear to be lighter than the fabric really is. The finishing on this suit is astounding and can rarely be found anymore.

This suit needs to be cleaned.

One tiny spot on jacket, approximately the size of a pencil point. One tiny hole in the jacket, it looks to be where a standard pin from sewing was inserted.

A bit of wear to the jacket, it needs a cleaning from dust, etc. I never wore this outfit, but there appears to be a small amount of underarm deodorant on inside of jacket, and it wipes off easily with no stains. One missing bead, one tiny bit of inside trim is split. Spot due to dust, etc., between beading on jacket, should come out just fine.

Drop me a line if interested.

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points