Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies of the lounge and their mothers/grandmothers

zendy

A-List Customer
I thought it might be fun to do a photo comparison of the ladies of the lounge and their golden era relatives. It would be great to see the similarities if there are any.
I'll start, here is me and my grandmother on my father's side.
gmaandI.jpg

(I'm not sure if there is a thread for this already, If so feel free to merge)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I wish I looked like either of my grandmothers or my mom. I tend towards my paternal grandfather's side of the family.

December

One of the Regulars
Zendy, you look a lot like your grandmother!

Here is my Dad's mum. We don't look alike at all.

Photo00181.jpg
DSCF3841.jpg

This is my Dad (and me!) in the late 80s. I inherited his hair!
DSC01451.jpg

I used to look a lot like him but as I've grown up I'm looking more like my mum:
(Sorry it's not the best lit photo- it's the only one I have to hand of us together)
DSCF2733.jpg

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I don't look much like my mum at all - I have more from my dad, though my mum says I resembled my granny, her mother. I don't see it, but she was saying it since I was about 8, as we have a pic of her from the 20s as a small child, so it's not the 40s dressing that's influencing her opinion!

Mum and I:

3635613501_436e818163.jpg

My granny:

l_58849192f9f817682f8b34a61c079441.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
Fleur I can't see it with your mother or your grandmother! Have you got any pics of your paternal grandmother? Your mum's mum looks a bit like Isabella Rossellini.

Inky

One Too Many
what a cool thread - i don't look like my mom either, but i don't have any pictures of my paternal side to scan. I know I do look like my biological father and his mother because I've seen those photos before.

Hannah - it's astounding how much you look like your grandmother! and I love her shoes!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Inky - her shoes are wicked aren't they? Funnily enough I never knew I looked like her at all until I saw that photograph for the first time very recently! She was tiny though - about 5 feet tall, and I'm 5'9". She died when I was 19 and I don't think the resemblance was noticeable then - my face was still too plump and childish and my nose hadn't finished growing!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
MissHannah, I think there certainly is a resemblance there!

I don't have any photos of my grandmothers, but I will check with my parents to see if they do. In the meanwhile, here are some photos of my parents and I. I think I look like both of them, what do you ladies think? I look a lot like my mom, but maybe it doesn't show in this photo.

My mom in the early 70's and a recent photo of me, 2009:
3745388261_7b720ae751.jpg
3309143651_c1cee47d34.jpg

The resamblance less obvious in that photo, but then I look more like my dad.

My dad (and sister) in the early 70's:
2358670536_94e45fe663.jpg

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
One time i found a picture of my mom in the 4th grade. It was a class photo, i was probably about 14 when i found the picture and i remember asking my sister why Grandma had my class photo and i don't remember that red sweater...i thought i was my mom! We look identical, where as my sister looks like my dad! I'm so much like my mom, that even our toes look the same!

Lenore

Practically Family
Awww. I want to be involved in this thread, but it's a little superfluous for visual comparison as I was adopted. I've got some great pictures of my mum's mum though. I'll get them scanned soon and upload them. I've always said she was the most fashionable woman I've ever met.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Great thread! Some of you- I can see a lot of resemblance- Audrey, MissHannah, zendy!

I don't think I look like either of my grandmothers, however, my mom and I look a lot alike

Paternal grandmother
grandma1936.jpg

Maternal grandmother
irenetaylor1954-55.jpg

Me and Mom
IMG_1159.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
ok so here are a few of me and my family
this one is of me in 2006
fall20060293-1.jpg

and me this year
Picture002-1.jpg

3657805611_363932101c_b1.jpg

and here is my Abuela
in the 1940s
Family010-1.jpg

and in the 1950's
Family013.jpg

and her and my Abuelo on their wedding day
Family008-2.jpg

I think I look like her what do you think?

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
I've also just recently realized that I look a lot like my aunt.
3745732417_727a155818_m.jpg
3034773559_c884b849d8_m.jpg
3034773437_550225a06c_m.jpg

Our ages here are so different here that it's hard to tell. I wish I had a picture of her in her twenties! She's the daughter of the grandmother posted above.
3202005156_6b73b99062_m.jpg

ETA current pic.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
texasgirl, I think you do look like your paternal grandmother, something about the pretty eyes and eyebrows!

Audrey Horne, you do look a lot like both your grandmother (she's as stunning as you!) and your aunt.

Grant Fan said:

Your grandma sure was a looker!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk