Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lampshade

Joe50's

Familiar Face
I ran across a small boudoir lamp at a thrift store. It still had its cloth cord and inline switch which were in good condition. From the look of the switch on the cord I'd guess its late 20's or 30's. it's about 8 inches tall, wood base with painted porcelain for the main part of the lamp. The problem I'm having is finding a shade. The top of the porcelain is a flat rim with green putty that goes around the socket, which is a nightlight size socket. Any suggestions on what shade it might have had. I can post pictures of the Lamp later.

Joe50's

Familiar Face
E7764A6C-E5E7-4242-92E0-1B4DCA260BD6.jpg
Here's a blurry picture I ran across of the lamp. I will get better pictures later. I put a small glass shade on it for the time being

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Lampshades are one of those things that can be difficult to date, and difficult to match "correctly" with any given lamp. They were very much subject to their buyer/owner's taste and got swapped out quite a bit. Probably any bell-shaped cloth shade would work for yours, or anything you like which is in scale.
Be sure to check that wiring carefully.

Joe50's

Familiar Face
Okay thanks for the help. I had looked over the wiring and it is is in very good condition, the owner only taped up The ends that were wired to prevent fraying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112