Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Columbia Poll

belt loops or no belt loops columbia

• add belt Loops

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • no belt loops

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Psant25

One Too Many
I have a columbia standard config ordered and jacket is cut. I got with no belt loops. i do not ride now. wont wear a belt with it. i love the style and has been on my list for a while. thoughts ? yes or no.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I eliminated the belt loops on my Columbia for the two reasons you mentioned. I think it looks much cleaner without the belt loops.
BC494573-405B-48FF-8B36-F05CA9A1AC0A.jpeg

I voted to add them but el marro makes a very convincing case against them! For a sleeker, more refined look that's less biker, I would omit them. For a traditional biker jacket (even if you never use a belt) I would keep them.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
The belt loops only make sense if you wear a belt with it.

I don't care for the 2" wide Sam Brown belt look. It just dominates the whole jacket, and I think in a way that takes away from it. I think the leather daddies like it because it draws the eye to the groin, but that's just a guess.

I also don't like the belt loops that snap in the middle, because they always get twisted. Either snap them on the top to the body of the jacket, like in the J23/J24, or else leave them solid, or omit them. I think without them, the jacket looks cleaner.

If you do prefer a belt, go with a belt of 1.25-1.5" wide, and solid belt loops. That's my preference for jackets that I'll use for riding.

I don't care for belt loops or a belt on any MC jacket. I ride and for me a belt just gets in the way. So without even loops offers a more simple cleaner classy look for my needs. Sometimes the traditional hardcore cross zip same ole becomes just that. I think El Marro's Columbia has only lost what it didn't actually need. Looks good..!!
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana