Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz visit yesterday

ShocDoc79

New in Town
Hello to all, long time lurker who has delved deep into the knowledge shared by you all here at The Lounge. Fantastic site!!!

Was in Portland yesterday and Ubered over to Langlitz arriving as they opened. Small extremely well run shop manned by utter top notch professionals across the board. I visited to primarily look at their products and left after being measured and ordering two new jackets. I gathered from your posts that visiting Langlitz would be a special experience which indeed it was. John and Bennie are as good as it gets for product knowledge and superb customer service. John said that Langlitz produced about 700 jackets last year.

I was greeted by John, the production manager, who gave me the walk through and later took my measurements. Great guy who was wearing a Langlitz cowhide jacket he had made twenty five years ago. Was thinking goatskin (beautiful stuff) would peak my interest but was blown away by the 3.5 oz cowhide (in particular the dark brown) from Japan. At first it almost appears like a black over dye which perfectly suits my tastes.

Ordered:

a) Crescent Jacket dark brown cowhide, dark brown thread with dress collar (shortened) adding one horizontal chest pocket and extended the zipper to 1/2 inch from the base of the jacket (all brass hardware) and full Bi-Swing back.

b) Flight Jacket dark brown cowhide with dark brown thread also with the shortened dress collar, cargo pockets, brass hardware, no epaulets and full Bi-Swing Back.

Great place can't miss place during your next visit to Portland. You WILL NOT be disappointed!

Colin G

One Too Many
threaduselesswithoutpics-1.jpg

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello to all, long time lurker who has delved deep into the knowledge shared by you all here at The Lounge. Fantastic site!!!

Was in Portland yesterday and Ubered over to Langlitz arriving as they opened. Small extremely well run shop manned by utter top notch professionals across the board. I visited to primarily look at their products and left after being measured and ordering two new jackets. I gathered from your posts that visiting Langlitz would be a special experience which indeed it was. John and Bennie are as good as it gets for product knowledge and superb customer service. John said that Langlitz produced about 700 jackets last year.

I was greeted by John, the production manager, who gave me the walk through and later took my measurements. Great guy who was wearing a Langlitz cowhide jacket he had made twenty five years ago. Was thinking goatskin (beautiful stuff) would peak my interest but was blown away by the 3.5 oz cowhide (in particular the dark brown) from Japan. At first it almost appears like a black over dye which perfectly suits my tastes.

Ordered:

a) Crescent Jacket dark brown cowhide, dark brown thread with dress collar (shortened) adding one horizontal chest pocket and extended the zipper to 1/2 inch from the base of the jacket (all brass hardware) and full Bi-Swing back.

b) Flight Jacket dark brown cowhide with dark brown thread also with the shortened dress collar, cargo pockets, brass hardware, no epaulets and full Bi-Swing Back.

Great place can't miss place during your next visit to Portland. You WILL NOT be disappointed!

Thanks for sharing.

I would be scared to visit in person. Within 3 months I have already ordered and received two jackets from Langlitz.
In person?! I would be compelled to order more, my wife would leave me and I would be homeless; I would be miserable, except for my sweet sweet jackets......:rolleyes:

ShocDoc79

New in Town
Love the Ship John jacket...Congrats! Did not see one so hopefully it is has been shipped. Give them a call.Please post your impressions when it arrives. I was on a tight timeline and wasn't as observant as I would have preferred. They were cutting leather on the front table for several new jackets.

ShocDoc79

New in Town
Thanks for sharing.

I would be scared to visit in person. Within 3 months I have already ordered and received two jackets from Langlitz.
In person?! I would be compelled to order more, my wife would leave me and I would be homeless; I would be miserable, except for my sweet sweet jackets......:rolleyes:

Hilarious and so true! Already working on an angle to justify my purchases when the jackets arrive. She is already suffering from jacket fatigue. :D

Colin G

One Too Many
I bought in on a Langlitz/Ship John jacket that should be ready soon... did you happen to see any that looked like this being made??

9eba8da2-9ac1-4dec-b35a-1d6992fa4cb4.jpg

That is a pretty rad jacket Boyo. I have looked at that a few times also and have thought about Langlitz making me one except with a different chest pocket configuration.

I really dig some of that Ship John stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner