Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Large Size Brown Suit. Late 40s?

Jay

Practically Family
Howdy. Up for grabs is this what I believe to be late 40s suit, sized for a larger gentleman than myself. It's not perfect, as the pictures will show. One of the cuff buttons is broken, the left hand pocket is frayed slightly and there is a mothhole below the left waist pocket. Other than the suit is holding together fine. The top 2 photos show the color most approximately. It's a rather dark brown suit.
brownsuit2.jpg

brownsuit2.jpg

brownsuit3.jpg

brownsuit4.jpg

Pants

43 inches long, with a 31 inch inseam
37 inches around at the waist

Jacket

Shoulder to shoulder is 20 inches
30 inch jacket length
23 1/2 inch sleeve length
23 inches pit to pit

So I'm not really sure what to ask for this thing or if anyone would even want it considering the damage, so I guess just make an offer? I'm also willing to accept trades. I'm about a size 40 jacket if that helps. Well thanks for looking.

Jay

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Some wider view pics of it hanging up might help. Can you find the union label inside the coat pocket? It's exactly my size, but I'd like to have a better idea of the condition. Thanx!

Jay

Practically Family
Unfortunately there's no Union Label in the pocket. Only some tobacco crumbs and the remains of a paper match. I do have some shots of the label and such. Forgive the lousy photos. I only have the camera on my phone at the moment. Hope these help.
brownsuit5.jpg

brownsuit8.jpg

brownsuit6.jpg

brownsuit7.jpg

Jay

Practically Family
Well here's a picture of the zipper. No name on it or anything.
brownsuitzipper.jpg

As for the button closure,

brownsuitzip.jpg

Other than that the only other odd details I can see are a slight fishtail back
brownback.jpg

and those funky pleats that face towards each other
brownpleat.jpg

Perhaps this will help someone smarter than I in dating this thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ