Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Late '30s Gray tweed sporcoat, 39-40R

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Late '30s-early '40s black-and-white twill-weave tweed jacket by Style Mart. Single-breasted, two buttons with besom pockets and three sleeve buttons. No vent in back. Skeleton lining with taped seams and generally nicely-finished interior. Typically great, high armholes.

It's not mint condition; there are a few moth holes, including one on the lapel. However, the coarseness of the weave on this fabric both camouflages the holes somewhat and would also make these holes a piece of cake to reweave. If it fit me, I'd probably keep it and even take a crack at the reweaving myself.

Size is roughly a 39-40R; measurements are as follows:
Chest: 43"
Waist: 36"
Shoulders: 18"
Back length from bottom of collar: 30"
Sleeves: 24 1/2" with about 1 1/2" to let down

$45 shipped in the continental US; I'll ship elsewhere but it will cost extra. Paypal only. PM me if you're interested or have questions.

Note: The pictured dry cleaners' hanky/pocket square card was in the pocket when I acquired the jacket, and I'll throw it in as a bonus if you buy the jacket!

DSCF5347.jpg
DSCF5348.jpg
DSCF5350.jpg
DSCF5355.jpg
DSCF5356.jpg
DSCF5357.jpg
DSCF5358.jpg
DSCF5359.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Oi, that's such a beautiful sportcoat but the moth holes and my lack of $ is keeping me from jumping on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland