Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Late war Luftwaffe issue jacket.

Metatron

One Too Many
Hello, i'm new to this forum and i've looked around quite a bit prior to posting. You seem to have a very passionate online community here.

I see there is quite an interest for Luftwaffe style jackets.

As i'm particularly interested in the late war period, I've become intrigued by this unusual design that was one of the few issue jackets in the Luftwaffe:
http://www.luftwaffe-militaria.com/for-sale/uniforms/luftwaffe-issued-leather-flight-jacket2.htm

Strangely it seems that this version has a collar of purple velveteen?!

I was looking around for a reproduction, or a similar design, the most authentic seems to be by original fliegerjacken. There's also a simpler, cheaper reproduction from noble house.

I was wondering if anyone has seen any other ones on the market? Just for the sake of having more options.

I'd also be interested in a similar overall design, streamlined, hidden buttons/zipper and sheepskin/fur/faux fur collar.

pimple

Familiar Face
i've seen similar one on ebay few times.
they are really great looking jacket and
i've been looking around one right size for myself!

pimple

Familiar Face
also,
i don't know if you seen or not,but RRL made one like this style about 2 years back.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
HaLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just some info from my obsessional efforts on getting the best luftwaffe jacket i could find from the ww2 era.

finally ended up getting an eastman horsehide luftwaffe. simply an amazing jacket which has pretty much ended my obsession with getting any more leather jackets. a problem you may have to endure when you finally find a jacket that satisfies what you've been looking for.

i did get a noble house and cannot stress enough the inaccuracies and mediocre build/material quality on their jackets. you can see inaccuracies on many of their u.s. replicas. i actually bought the luftwaffe a few years ago. no inaccuracies, but basically a $100 jacket quality wise.

i got a 60s rocker from lewis leather that was 90 percent luftwaffe style, but was actually a 60s replica...superb jacket, but if it's luftwaffe you want, with a total back-in-time quality, superb authentic craftsmanship, eastman owns the franchise on this and (respectfully) you would have to be nuts to go anywhere else for this particular jacket.

also, customer service is remarkable. my luftwaffe was the only jacket ever purchased from eastman, and i haven't bought another leather jacket since, so i've no affiliation with them, but they are amazing.

good luck.

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Hey jhonnyjhonny, how about that taylor's police jacket factory surplus stealdeal off eebers?
I thought that was a "bang for the buck" considering everything. Then again I've got my biker armpit-vents 150 bucks version I'm happy with.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
well mr finn, i can withstand almost any jacket urges these days, including taylor, but the call of the luftwaffe, especially by this erdmann jacket, is always very difficult to ignore.

thanks again mr. z for again imperiling my bank account

JohnRawson1944

New in Town
can´t help to say:

every jacket can do it - a good leather jacket will do it for lifetime - rain and snow will do no harm - easy to clean and protective - my issue story about getting a jacket from ebay is that people did not always know much about size or get the messurement wrong - no matter of style your jacket got to fit best - hope you get your most wanted kind of jacket - have fun

Tony B

One of the Regulars
Not trying to resurrect an old thread. I just wanted to get meteron's attention to let him know he had a PM and I thought this would do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael