Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LAWLESS {Formerly The Wettest County}

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Read it last yr.,Saw it this wk.,Now re reading it again.
Hollywood put its spin on it as usual,exaggerating the violence,no I don't care for hyper violence either, playing up the female lead as love interest ,but that's just what Hollywood does -spin a story better than any one else. Costumes and props were great, and enjoyed the acting for the most part.

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Saw it last week. Didn't like it. I liked the setting ...which would work for a RRL promo clip of 5 minutes max. But the storytelling was super lame and the character development was basically: Hiow long does it take to get the youngest brother to "man up" and be as violent and cold blooded as his badass older brothers? So it is worse than BE from the "moral of the story" point of view. The movie is super un-subtle.
If he doesn't want to kill people he is a coward. Right?

several of the comments on this movie have said 'very violent' without elaborating as to whether that was a good thing or not. personally, i'm not interested in seeing surly macho men graphically shoot and stab each other (much of Boardwalk Empire was too violent for me so you can see i'm a bit of a wuss). does anyone else find graphic violence in films puts them off seeing a film or is it just me ?
Violence in movies depends on the context. They didn't put much work into the "context" here. :rolleyes:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Saw it last week. Didn't like it. I liked the setting ...which would work for a RRL promo clip of 5 minutes max. But the storytelling was super lame and the character development was basically: Hiow long does it take to get the youngest brother to "man up" and be as violent and cold blooded as his badass older brothers? So it is worse than BE from the "moral of the story" point of view. The movie is super un-subtle.
If he doesn't want to kill people he is a coward. Right?

Violence in movies depends on the context. They didn't put much work into the "context" here. :rolleyes:

Always remember Flo, never see anything with Shia LaBeef in it... I didn't see this one, it looked terrible maybe not as bad as Gangster Squad but pretty awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo