Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Blazer

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Blazer or car coat? Do you mean a traditional blazer cut in leather or something more retro and less formal and what price?

dirty patricia

New in Town
I am looking more for a traditional blazer. I already have a car coat. Price wise I would like to find something no more than $1500.

Highwaymanman

A-List Customer
I had a Wilson's leather blazer that I used to quite like. Very 1978 lower east side NYC type of style. Cost me 45 dollars in a vintage store and I sold it six years later for 50. This is a garment that I think looks better in thinner mall jacket type leather than the thicker stuff we all know and love from high end jacket producers. However, if you really must have the topmost quality for every single jacket I'd say go with goatskin and a nice trim cut.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
$1500 - that's a hell of a lot of money for a leather blazer! A fashion label will probably sell one for that price. I'm not familiar with any company that makes this blazer style at a high end level. Wested Leather and Magnoli Clothiers have certainly made them for affordable prices. I'd recommend a nice calf-skin or finished cowhide in a 2.5 oz for a slightly heavier than normal blazer. It's not the kind of item that you see on this site very often if ever.

eggleman

One of the Regulars
Ebay is full of them , in both modern and 70's styles.
As others have mentioned , the more modern look works best in a relatively thin leather , whilst the 70's designs tend to be mode of a slightly heavier material.
Picked up one recently on ebay for £25 in thin cowhide in perfect condition.
The Wested jackets go for £115 , but these are imported jackets , not made in their own workshop.

http://www.wested.com/classic-black-leather-sports-jacket-184-p.asp

Couldn't imagine paying a grand for a blazer ....

Last edited:

apba1166

A-List Customer
I have a bunch of these, all "fashion" brands. Two by Remy, 2 by Boss. all via ebay, like new. 2 lamb, 1 nubuck, 1 suede. Remy also has some retail presence in CA I think. I also have 2 heavier ones (a bit thicker, good for heavier sweaters or such): Donna Karan--not the DKNY line, the full label, quite a difference, and Comstock. The DK is really a beautifully put together jacket. I think the linings really make a difference in these...e.g., the 2 Boss's I have don't drape as well, I think the lining is not as well done.

dirty patricia

New in Town
I am still confused. Do you mean a leather "sport coat ie. blazer" or what? I have plenty of these from 20 years ago all in 42L 44L, dark brown, black and even dark green; and they will all be cheap.

Hey kyboots,

Thanks. I am looking for a sport coat/blazer style in black leather. Have one in 44R?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn