Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Cult

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Just wonder if anyone here has heard of this company? They actually custom fabricate leather jackets (and other items).
I have been emailing them with questions, and they are responsive. But, it would appear that a classic A-2 or G-1 is not something they do on a daily basis. But tell them what you want, give them your measurements, along with photos, and they will do it. Or, at least that is what they tell me.

For $200, they will make exactly what you want. Yes, really. You select your leather, including color and thickness. A huge selection to choose from. Thick dark brown goat skin adds $50. You also select the finish for your leather.

They seem to cater to the biker crowd. Nothing wrong with that.

www.leathercult.com

For custom work, click here: http://www.leathercult.com/leather-jackets/your-design-leather-jacket-50-colors

Last edited:

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
I am glad the experts have weighed in with their opinion. Me? I'm always curious, to say the least.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I don't even believe for a second that they have the capacity to make all these jackets - the weird, inconsistent collection of pics makes me think that there's a few that are their own and stack that are 'ones that we reckon we can make at a pinch'. Actually, I think this is possibly the worst of the cheap, knock-off sites we've seen here.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I am glad the experts have weighed in with their opinion. Me? I'm always curious, to say the least.

No need to be critical - seems to me if you spent the total amount you have spent on various entry level jackets, you might have got a well pattern A2 by a better maker instead of contemplating radical surgery on a broad shouldered, outsized repro.

i'm not sure curiosity is the appropriate reaction to this.

Having said that I do enjoy your posts,

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Not being critical at all. I know little about jackets. So I will defer to those who are the true experts. But my small collection does have a few nice examples, in my opinion. As for the Cockpit A-2, it was on sale (that means cheap), so spending $70 to make it fit my frame is a bargain. And I am a big fan of Cockpit. Bought 5 of their jackets. The high end $800 and up is of no interest to me.

Leather Cult has found a market. Good for them. There is room for a wide variety of manufacturers.

Kinda like my cars. We have owned a number of Mercedes, Porches and Corvettes. Now we drive Fords. It is by choice. Did I mention my Mustang?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The parent company is studiosuits.com based in India

I'll try and dig up some info / unbiased reviews when I get a chance. Anyone used them before?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Interesting page for sure. At least it gets some skin on some more folk's backs. Truth be told, many folks just can't afford top-name leathers, (especially students, etc) so at least they have a way to get into a jacket that will last them a while. Wilson's which is nealry gone in the USA, did this for me.

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Its all in the detail

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-21_10-54-03.jpeg
    Screenshot_2017-02-21_10-54-03.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 2,874

apba1166

A-List Customer
I have 2 different leather shirts by them. Bought several years ago. One olive, and one a sort of distressed colored brown. Neither was super cheap by the time I was done, about 150-175 per. Cheap enough though to take a chance though. Fit is perfect. Both are sort of a thinner drum dyed cow. Company was responsive, knows what they are doing fit, construction, ( the shirts have held up unlike a comparably cheap UK-based ecommerce suede jacket I bought that fell apart after 50 wears) and costumer service wise. I am too lazy to do pics. I wouldn't do a jacket from them, that I agree with, but the shirts are unique and kinda cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko