Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Flight Jackets

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by Major Boothroyd
If you want the best in military flight jackets check out these websites. The jackets are pricy, but they have exact replicas of contract A-2 jackets like Roughwear and Star Sportswear. The jackets fit like they were supposed to back in WWII, that is more fitted and not oversized.

http://www.eastmanleather.com/

or

http://www.historypreservation.com/

MB

Thanks for ther websites. I just picked up a little overtime money and I've always wanted one of these jackets. Now, I just have to decide on the right one for me!

Baker17

New in Town
Roughwear 1401 A2 Jacket

I've got an Eastman Roughwear 1401 A2. I've only had it about a year and already it's wearing out quicker than it's wearing in.The top surface is wearing off around the arms and also the arms of the jacket are quite baggy.Does anyone else have this problem. I couldn't see Eastmans A2s getting through one mission let alone 25 or 30.

Gary Crumrine

One of the Regulars
kampkatz said:
Thanks so much for the Goodwearlether site. Quite impressive. I saw nothing about pricing, though. Might it be up there in the EAstman price range?

I ordered a Doniger in russet leather. It ran a touch over $900 with shipping, and lead time was quoted at 70 days. John's prices seem similar to Eastman's, but the jackets are made to fit you and as close to original as is currently possible at the price.

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Spokes Man

I am the happy recipient of a Good Wear A-2, size 42, and it is remarkable. I got the cowhide, which is $100 less than the horse or goat. My jacket took five weeks from order to delivery, but I suspect that has changed, as John is getting more business now. Re-reading the invoice that came with the jacket, I see that it is No. 26.

I also have an Eastman house brand A-2, size 42. It cannot touch the Good Wear in terms of fit, appearance and overall quality.

Jacob Dubow

Familiar Face
Baker17,

If you have an Eastman RW and it is wearing out excessively, I would definitely recommend that you contact Gary Eastman about it. I own several Eastman A-2's and mine are holding up VERY WELL.

Of course the jacket will "break in" as you wear it and that is normal and desireable, for sure. But if something inappropriate is happening, again I say, contact Eastman about it.

Eastman products are in the top tier of repro A-2's and excellent jackets in my opinion.

JD

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Having owned various ELC jackets and still owning the Werber and Cable Goat my Good wear Doniger is perfection. The best repro money can buy. It's just like a new original!

front_view_flat-1.jpg

reverse_view_flat.jpg

front_view.jpg

reverse_view.jpg

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jacketquest said:
Andrew,
That is a seriously beautiful Doniger jacket you have there! What is the goatskin like in terms of weight and finish? And how does it drape on you?
thanks.

The goat is almost the identical colour to that on my original RW 18091 A2. It is slightly thicker too. I will get some pics of me wearing it shortly and post them on the site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran