Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket acquisition help!

I hope this is the right place for this sort of question but... Would anyone from UK be willing to help me out with getting this jacket? Everything about it is absolutely perfect, except for the fact that the seller doesn't ship internationally so I was wondering if anyone would be lovely enough to help a fellow lounger get this jacket?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-SCHOTT-BLACK-LEATHER-CAFE-RACER-JACKET-SIZE-S-M-/121559412612

Basically, I'd try bidding on the jacket and in case I win, I would have it shipped to your UK address and then politely ask you to send it my way, to another EU member country (and pay for the shipping, needless to say). :)

Well, lemme know if anyone's up for it!

Thanks!

Jim Flynn

Familiar Face
I would offer but I am out of the UK until the end of the month so you would have something of a wait. If you get stuck and don't mind waiting let me know but just bear in mind that the forwarding postage is likely to be steep. Might be an idea to get the packed weight off the seller and then check Royal Mail international shipping charges.

Jim Flynn, thank you very much, mate! :D

Well, it all depends on how high the bidding will go, but if it ends up within reasonable boundaries, having it shipped internationally might be worth it. I've just checked with Royal Mail shipping cost calculator and the lowest option is 40 GBP, which is... Okay, I guess.

randooch, not a problem, people are very busy and all... And it's a huge favor to ask. :)

Bn1966, thank you very much for the offer and PM sent! :D

Jim, thank you kindly! :D

Unfortunately, turns out I never really had a chance due to the auction being set not to accept bids outside of UK... :/ Well, thank you very much, gentlemen, either way and it's good to know I can rely on you to help me out! :D

Cheers!

Yeah, those early Schott jackets usually go for a LOT more... Thanks, Jim, I would gladly accept the offer, had I know the deal, but I tried bidding in the last couple of seconds and realized I couldn't only when it was too late. Shame, but in all reality, it would have perhaps been a bit too small for me. Still, a beautiful item for an outstanding price.

Thanks again, mate, really! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk