Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket alternation service in UK

zhz

Practically Family
Hi All,

Merry Xmas and Happy new year!!

I am thinking to shorten the sleeve of an Eastman G1 jacket, but ELC does not provide this service. So in the UK, any suggestion for a good leather jacket alternation service?

Thank you

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Byson leathers look good, I've used Wested & Cobra leathers (Swindon), very happy with jacket alterations by both.

I'm very surprised too that Eastmans won't alter the sleeves on one of their own.

Plumbline

One Too Many
I've used Simmons Bilt, Rachel Dobbs @ Dobbs Leathers, BKS, Scott Leathers, Wolf Leathers and Aero for alterations in the past. All have done sterling work :)

There are lots of UK options .... I haven't used Aero recently so can't comment on their work, I have used SB and they have been excellent ... also I'd highly recommend Dobbs though Rachel is a one woman operation and turnaround is slow. BKS have been superb for motorcycle jacket mods - one of the last UK manufacturers of top end EC approved M/C jackets / trousers / suits & Gloves.

Typically Motorcycle jacket alterations companies can handle most retro jacket options .... if it's a particular modification on a report e.g. replacement of a Hookless zipper .. then you're probably better with the OEM and if they won't do it one of the other repro manufacturers.

HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko