Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket and briefcases for sale

ranchnman

Familiar Face
Hey guys, heres what I have:

J Peterman Leather chestnut reddish brown briefcase - 1928 Air Corps style, brand new, never used, comes with straps $90

Saddleback Leather briefcase size medium, recieved it as a gift, used twice - chestnut reddish brown $150
"The Cockpit" goatskin modern issue A-2 Jacket , size 38, still have the tags, worn once $80

"The Cockpit" WWII A-2 Horsehide, size 38, BNWT, $150

And also, "The Cockpit" Las Vegas Lady pinup art jacket. Size Small. Brand new but no tags. $100

email me at ranchnman2008@yahoo.com for pictures. These prices are rock bottom! Get 'em while you can! Paypal and money orders accepted.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Bartenders, Please Delete if Inappropriate

scotrace said:
They were rock bottomer.

You had plenty of action then, but left folks hanging.

Just sayin.

Well said!

OK, so here's my two cents worth, which I have shared privately a time or two. While these may seem a bit draconian, they would certainly nip some issues in the bud.

1. A new member should [probably] not be granted the privilege of posting items for sale in the Classifieds immediately upon joining the Lounge. A specified number of days and number of posts should be required before the privilege is granted. (Thirty (30) days and a minimum of thirty (30) posts?)

1 a. A member who posts items for sale and subsequently fails to follow through on the sale(s) or to respond to PM's should have the privilege revoked for at least thirty (30) days. Subsequent suspensions to be for sixty (60) days, ninety (90) days, and permanently.

1 b. A member who posts items for sale, has a committed buyer(s), and fails to follow through on the sale will not be allowed to repost the same or a similar item for sale at a higher price if/when the privilege is reinstated.

2. New Members of the Fedora Lounge must read and acknowledge that they have read the Fedora Lounge FAQ's prior to being granted the privilege of posting in the Lounge threads.

3. New Members of the Fedora Lounge will be granted the privilege of starting new threads after they have been members for a minimum of fifteen (15) days and have at least fifteen (15) posts as responses to existing threads.

Some of the recent issues seem to arise from folks joining the Lounge strictly to sell and avoid fees associated with other sites. Use of the Classifieds even avoids on-site vendor fees.

Some recent activity appears to be an attempt to determine the market value of items without the intent of actually selling items at prices posted by the seller(s).

This leads one to wonder if there is a community here for some and merely a marketplace for others.
Barter and selling among members of the community is one thing.
Being treated/used as just another group of buyers is another thing altogether.

Senicko_Spain

Suspended
I see your point. I actually see it from both points of view, this is an open door for all sorts of manipulative tactics, not that this is but could very well lead to other. Maybe this suggestion should be investigated or at least thrown out there for debate. Only IMHO.

carter said:

Well said!

OK, so here's my two cents worth, which I have shared privately a time or two. While these may seem a bit draconian, they would certainly nip some issues in the bud.

1. A new member should [probably] not be granted the privilege of posting items for sale in the Classifieds immediately upon joining the Lounge. A specified number of days and number of posts should be required before the privilege is granted. (Thirty (30) days and a minimum of thirty (30) posts?)

1 a. A member who posts items for sale and subsequently fails to follow through on the sale(s) or to respond to PM's should have the privilege revoked for at least thirty (30) days. Subsequent suspensions to be for sixty (60) days, ninety (90) days, and permanently.

1 b. A member who posts items for sale, has a committed buyer(s), and fails to follow through on the sale will not be allowed to repost the same or a similar item for sale at a higher price if/when the privilege is reinstated.

2. New Members of the Fedora Lounge must read and acknowledge that they have read the Fedora Lounge FAQ's prior to being granted the privilege of posting in the Lounge threads.

3. New Members of the Fedora Lounge will be granted the privilege of starting new threads after they have been members for a minimum of fifteen (15) days and have at least fifteen (15) posts as responses to existing threads.

Some of the recent issues seem to arise from folks joining the Lounge strictly to sell and avoid fees associated with other sites. Use of the Classifieds even avoids on-site vendor fees.

Some recent activity appears to be an attempt to determine the market value of items without the intent of actually selling items at prices posted by the seller(s).

This leads one to wonder if there is a community here for some and merely a marketplace for others.
Barter and selling among members of the community is one thing.
Being treated/used as just another group of buyers is another thing altogether.

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
To others as you would to yourself

I'm with Carter on this. :eusa_clap

This guy's response rate and closed out sale rate suck. :mad:

Who needs the disappointment ?

Dave

Nolan

New in Town
Having shadowed the forums for some time I just recently "joined" and find this curious. I completely agree with the restriction of not allowing new members to post sale items. Although not fool-proof, there is an element of trust involved in sending money to someone sight unseen. I am confused as to why I could list an item for sale immediately upon joining but am required to have 15 post before being allowed to purchase in the "merchants" forum.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Anders

One of the Regulars
Well, as someone who does a lot more poking around in the classifieds than posting, I can see someone joining up for the purpose of offering an item for sale, and I'd hate to miss out on something just because of the restrictions.

Maybe I've just been lucky enough to deal with honest folk before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points