Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Jacket grommet zipper replacement options

ragtime_joe

One of the Regulars
I have a 1930s jacket that originally had a 1930's style grommet zipper. The zipper was replaced with a 60's talon non grommet zipper that doesn't really fit the style of the original. I am looking for someone who will replace the current zipper with a 30's style Japanese repro zipper that I've purchased. Ideally I'd also like to replace the liner in this jacket and also repair some of the failing seams on the leather. I asked Dena at great leather about this and she said that she can't do it. Does anyone know someone who would be able to do this work? Here is the jacket
tempImageaeCKl9.jpg

Nacho

Practically Family
Bedo's Leatherwork in Falls Church, Virginia. He's well-known in the cobbling circle, but can also do some mean leatherwork.

https://leatherrepair.com/

I can also ask my leather lady here in Canada, but I don't see her until next month.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
A special setter is needed for these Hookeless zips. I've seen them on Dave Scheely Monarch repro jackets. Not sure if he takes on repair job.
1681074472650.png

Bahabp100

Practically Family
I have a 1930s jacket that originally had a 1930's style grommet zipper. The zipper was replaced with a 60's talon non grommet zipper that doesn't really fit the style of the original. I am looking for someone who will replace the current zipper with a 30's style Japanese repro zipper that I've purchased. Ideally I'd also like to replace the liner in this jacket and also repair some of the failing seams on the leather. I asked Dena at great leather about this and she said that she can't do it. Does anyone know someone who would be able to do this work? Here is the jacket
View attachment 506010
Arrow leather in Kansas City I believe they can do anything and with very good work
Arrow Fabricare Services - 3838 Troost Avenue - Kansas City, MO 64109
Phone: 816-931-2452 | Toll Free: 1-800-54-ARROW | Fax: 816-931-0300 | arrowcare.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112