Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket makers in the New England area?

Bulldozer

One of the Regulars
I need to get zippers added to the front pockets of a leather jacket with very heavy leather, as the pocket openings are sagging a little bit with use. Any suggestions on good leather jacket makers in the New England area who can tackle this job without a significant impact to the jacket? Thanks!

Bulldozer

One of the Regulars
I would first ask around at local cobblers. A shoe repair guy could easily add a zipper.

I didn't realize it would be that straightforward!

Where could I purchase a couple of high quality YKK zippers in antique brass with a ball and chain pull to match the rest of the jacket?

Like this pull in the pocket:
47f3f5fdcff323361fbcf6da81800c77--shops.jpg

Or at least one with a small talon that can be hidden away yet sturdy enough to not easily break since I do use the pockets from time to time. Thanks!

clementishutin

Familiar Face
I didn't realize it would be that straightforward!

Where could I purchase a couple of high quality YKK zippers in antique brass with a ball and chain pull to match the rest of the jacket?

Like this pull in the pocket:
47f3f5fdcff323361fbcf6da81800c77--shops.jpg

Or at least one with a small talon that can be hidden away yet sturdy enough to not easily break since I do use the pockets from time to time. Thanks!
This looks bad ass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto