Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket stores in Tokyo

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Heading there on business and will have Saturday to sightsee. Can you recommend a few stores I should hit? Probably will not buy anything, but would love to see the legendary quality up close. Particularly Shinki. Thx.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Depending on how much free time you have-
My 1st choice would be Harajuku. You will find Real McCoy's, Freewheelers, Smart Clothing, Orgueil, Attractions, Jelado etc. You will find mostly the brands' main stores there. There are also some famous vintage stores like Marvins and Berberjin. You will also find Schott and Lewis Leather. The area is huge and it takes time to walk say from Freewheelers on one end to Real McCoy's on the other.
2nd choice is Ueno. Ueno is where the dealers are, so each shop normally carries a number of brands. You can find almost all the Japanese brands just by going into 2 of them Hinoya and Americaya 610. Great place to go if your time is limited cos the more interesting stores are packed into just two shopping lanes under the railway.
3rd choice is Ebisu. It is a mostly residential area where you can find Toys McCoy, Jelado and Langlitz. Although Toys and Langlitz are pretty close, Jelado is on the other side. Ebisu's Jelado is bigger than Harajuku's and it has a small roomful of leather stuffs from Fine Creek and Rainbow Country.
There are also a few leather shops like Tenjin, Gorilla and Addict Clothes in Tokyo that you may visit depending on your interest.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Wow, thanks guys. I just read the Golden Ratio write-up on their website. I am totally digging the philosophy. I will try to visit Ueno and see as much as I can.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I was going to chime in, but I can't really add to what @Blackadder said. The only one I would add is Mushmans which has their own brand made by Electric Leather Studio along with Rainbow Country, but that's a big more out of the way.

sshack

A-List Customer
Excuse me for reviving an old but valuable thread! I'm headed to Tokyo soon and was wondering if anyone had any updates or new stores to add to this list. I'll be looking for the usual suspects: Real McCoy, Rainbow, FreeWheelers, etc.

Will be staying in Shibuya, Ginza, Shinjuku.

I'm debating whether to take a trip out of Tokyo to visit Mushmans... Is it worth it??

I like this Golden Ratio maker. Fresh approach to things. Folded seam piping, lack of lining and seemingly different kind of stitching.

"However, fabrics that are often used for linings are basically woven fabrics and are not as flexible as leather. As a result, the flexibility of the leather is hindered. And the flexibility of the leather will tear it first."

I like that, meself. Have always been saying that lightly lined jackets would be better off unlined as that thin rag of cotton or polyester don't do a damn thing and just hinders and pulls the jacket at all the wrong places.

This is some seriously good work on this jacket...
GR-004b_front2.jpg

sshack

A-List Customer
Thanks! I'm familiar with Golden Ratio brand, but I'm just in the market for very expensive jackets. Not crazy expensive. ;)

Blackadder

Excuse me for reviving an old but valuable thread! I'm headed to Tokyo soon and was wondering if anyone had any updates or new stores to add to this list. I'll be looking for the usual suspects: Real McCoy, Rainbow, FreeWheelers, etc.

I'm debating whether to take a trip out of Tokyo to visit Mushmans... Is it worth it??
Most of the shops I believe are still there at Ueno and Harajuku.

Updates I can think of are
Full Nelson at Shinagawa selling Double Helix and Electric Leather Studio
https://www.fullnelson.jp/product-group/126
Schott's Tokyo flagship store at Shibuya.
Gorilla at Goenji has probably sold out its last stock of the FEW aka RMNZ. Don't really know who the maker is for their latest batch of A-2 and G-1
https://gorilla-tokyo.com/

Others
FourSpeed leather but they do custom like Tenjin so unless you plan on ordering one in person, there is not much to see.

If you are into boots, there is Clinch (Brass Tokyo).

Mushman has an online store so perhaps take a look at its current stock and decide if it is worth it for you.
Ducati and Dainese are at Odaiba if you want motorcycle gear.
Vanson's store is a bit out of your way. Reason I went is I want to try the Chopper and the dealers at Ueno did not have it.

Jasonissm

Practically Family

If you are into boots as well and you make the trip to Mushmans you can also visit White Kloud which is somewhat close.

Blackadder

An update - Jelado closed its Harajuku shop in 2021. That leaves the Ebisu shop which is close to the Warehouse Co denim shop.

sshack

A-List Customer
I asked this in another thread, but thought it would make more sense here. Do any of the well-known Tokyo stores also carry pre-owned/used Jackets from FW, RC, RM, etc?

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I asked this in another thread, but thought it would make more sense here. Do any of the well-known Tokyo stores also carry pre-owned/used Jackets from FW, RC, RM, etc?
Don't believe they would carry pre-owned stuff, might have better luck on Yahoo Auctions, maybe the Junk Vintage store in Osaka often has used items from these brands.

Also you can search on Mercari for used items from private sellers.

Blackadder

If your aim is to look for second hand jacket, then your best bet as Jasonissm said is to go online. If your wanna find a store where you can try on the widest selection of jackets, RM's own store would get you covered and Americaya is probably your best bet for the other 2 brands. If you are looking for one or two particular jackets in your size then you may have to go through the list of dealers.

sshack

A-List Customer
Aside from Real McCoys, are there any other "company stores" in Tokyo where you can buy direct from the manufacturer?

Blackadder

Aside from Real McCoys, are there any other "company stores" in Tokyo where you can buy direct from the manufacturer?
Ebisu
Toys McCoy
Jelado

Harajuku
Freewheelers
Smart Clothing is Pherrows store
Attractions

Shinjuku
Junky Special is Toyo Enterprise store (Buzz Rickson's, Sugar Cane, Mister Freedom etc)
Addict Clothes

All these brands have their own leather jackets. Perhaps not made in house but certainly designed by them or in collaboration.

Last edited:

sshack

A-List Customer
Ebisu
Toys McCoy
Jelado

Harajuku
Freewheelers
Smart Clothing is Pherrows store
Attractions

Shinjuku
Junky Special is Toyo Enterprise store (Buzz Rickson's, Sugar Cane, Mister Freedom etc)
Addict Clothes

All these brands have their own leather jackets. Perhaps not made in house but certainly designed by them or in collaboration.
Wow, this is awesome. Thank you so much! Do you live in Tokyo?

Blackadder

Wow, this is awesome. Thank you so much! Do you live in Tokyo?
I wish. LOL. My home away from home. When is your trip?
If you are in Tokyo on 18 Dec and you are free on that day and don't mind a crowd, there is the Inazuma Festival at Odaiba.
https://inazumafestival.com/
Basically an outlet event for Amekaji brands. McCoy's is an usual participant. You get 50% off RM's display or old stock there. Schott and Vanson Japan also participate regularly. Tenjin works is normally there but they mainly deal with MTO. Westride also regular participant. The shop list isn't out yet. They will post the list of participants on the page later. Link to past event to get a feel of what it is like.
https://inazumafestival.com/fes202205/

Oh forgot Orgueil at Harajuku
https://www.orgueil.jp/all/tokyo

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk