Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Soul Beverly Hills

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Indecision after consuming some whisky that was throughout the shop.
\/

188900_10150115056793811_642563810_6712869_7954191_n.jpg

Stopped by Leather Soul in Beverly Hills with a friend of mine for the Alden trunk show to see how America’s other great shoemaker was faring with all this new Allen Edmonds talk on the boards.

I hadn’t been to this shop before so I took my time staring at and picking up the shoes as I do. I also had a few shots of whiskey that were available on the spot. Nothing entices a man to buy shoes more than Johnnie Walker straight out of a plastic cup. I am grateful… the shoes and the environment were comfortable and inviting. Much more room than the shop in Hawaii, and I think there was a real atmosphere for a fickle foot to take its time in finding the right brand and fit.

The Alden representative that was there was the same man that fit my feet into a 9.5EE for a truflare last about 8 years ago, and we had a long talk about the company and special makes they have been doing for various shops. He also said that due to the heavy load of orders that Alden is getting, they can’t do one off shoes. This means no new Truflare last shoes for me. Aside from doing the larger runs for their own stores, the smallest order he can take is for 18 or more if it’s a special mix of leathers.

The top pic is me holding An Edward Green ankle boot and a Cleverly captoe.

The pic below is Los Angeles Historian Nathan Marsak sitting on the staircase of Edward Green shoes.

189617_10150115056303811_642563810_6712862_7791693_n.jpg

All in all it was pleasant. I saw Alden reproduced the suede and calf Ask Andy shoe. Very beautiful. Only 12 pairs from this run I believe, so those that are interested should order while they can.

I will say, all competition aside with the talk about who makes a better shoe in regard to leather and construction used... to me Alden always has the lasts that just fit my feet better. Narrow in the heel and wider in the forefoot.

Also took the time to talk get in some good conversations with Brooks Brother's head made to measure man and a man dealing in cloth from around the globe. I'll get into that perhaps on the blog.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The pic below is Los Angeles Historian Nathan Marsak sitting on the staircase of Edward Green shoes.

189617_10150115056303811_642563810_6712862_7791693_n.jpg

All in all it was pleasant. I saw Alden reproduced the suede and calf Ask Andy shoe. Very beautiful. Only 12 pairs from this run I believe, so those that are interested should order while they can.

Is that the shoe Nathan is wearing in the picture?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo