Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LEE TRINITY from the 40's

Magus

Practically Family
Greetings everyone, here is a new hat…Just took ownership yesterday. It belonged to the uncle of a friend of mine, was purchased in the 40’s and is in perfect (99.8%) condition. It even has the original box. It’s a beautiful rich brown. The ONLY “flaw” is where the hat rested in the properly in box for the last 60 years there is a small compression ring that I fully believe can be brushed out.

As you can see in the photos it is a 7 1/8, as I am a 7 1/2 I can’t wear it. I am looking to trade for a hat of similar style/age/value etc and I would rather see the beauty in the hands of a Lounge member who will truly appreciate its worth.

The box is in moderate shape, still structurally sound though one end had had a bit of crush damage (the hat was NOT effected) The pictures are clear regarding its condition. So‚Ķthose of you with big collections‚Ķor if you have a 7 ¬? that you can‚Äôt wear‚Ķdrop me a line and let‚Äôs talk.

M
STA70004.JPG

STA70002.JPG

STA70005.JPG

STA70006.JPG

STA70007.JPG

STA70012.JPG

STA70016.JPG

STA70017.JPG

STA70028.JPG

STA70024.JPG

GA Wildlifer

Familiar Face
Fantastic!

Magus,

Would you post the crown, brim, and interior circumfrance dimensions Please?

Would you be interested in an outright sale? I only have a small collection and all are 7 1/8. I guess I could start looking for larger hats, but this one won't last long.

Magus

Practically Family
Hi there GA, I was hoping that one of the people with a large collection or business might be interested, as what I really want is another vintage hat “out of this one” if that makes sense. If things don’t progress in that way then yes I will sell it outright.

The measurements that you requested are.

22 1/8” I measured it four times and they all hit around that.
Brim 2 1/2
Crown:
Front point 4 3/8” (where it dips down a little)
Side highest 5”,
Rear 3 7/8”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112