Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lemmy (Motorhead) goes Rockabilly?

mike

Call Me a Cab
he's been doing that for a few years now with more or less success to the recordings. Motorhead has always had a british 50's r'n'r foundation to their music. More recently, as in, in the last week or two, he's been backed by Rev. Horton Heat. I wonder how the Rev feels actually having the change his set list and between song banter to include Lemmy in the set. That must really throw him for a loop since I think it's been the exact same for virtually a decade! lol

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw The Head Cat at the Green Bay Rockin 50's Fest. They were an absolute mess, but hey, it was Lemmy, so we'll give him a pass, right?

$ally

One Too Many
Yeah, we're going to see him tomorrow with the Rev and Nashville Pu$$y. Hey, it's free. I'll give you my review, if you'd like.

flat-top

$ally said:
Yeah, we're going to see him tomorrow with the Rev and Nashville Pu$$y. Hey, it's free. I'll give you my review, if you'd like.
Nashville Pu$$y is awesome!! Even if you don't like the music, it's pretty impossible not to be entertained by their show!

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I like my rockabilly traditional and my seventies rock traditional. I would rather just see motorhead. But I suppose at this point it would come off as a cheesy reunion thing so better he keeps changing. I would just love to see him.

The ace of spades
The ace of spades

$ally

One Too Many
flat-top said:
Nashville Pu$$y is awesome!! Even if you don't like the music, it's pretty impossible not to be entertained by their show!
I don't like the music, but you're right. The talent is there and Ruyter is a kick with that power hair. My date hadn't seen NP before and wasn't impressed. He felt they were a caricature of a band. For some reason Lemmy decided to sing God Save the Queen instead of his Ace of Spades. There were sound/technical troubles all night. I had fun though, mostly because I ran into a lot of old gal pals and former boyfriends. It's wonderful to get reconnected. We even managed to work a little swing dancing in, during the Rev, next to the mosh pit. I know I enjoyed Jimbo's upright Gut Bucket psychobilly bravado.

flat-top

$ally said:
I don't like the music, but you're right. The talent is there and Ruyter is a kick with that power hair. My date hadn't seen NP before and wasn't impressed. He felt they were a caricature of a band.
Ruyter is a one woman stage show. And I guess they're trying to be a caricature band; over the top "arena rock", even when they're playing tiny venues.

$ally

One Too Many
flat-top said:
Ruyter is a one woman stage show. And I guess they're trying to be a caricature band; over the top "arena rock", even when they're playing tiny venues.
Yeah, they give it their all. No debate there.

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Oh, when the "Ace of Spades" made that hit with the disco mix... 1990's they released a double "best of" compilation. The second cassette (CD whassdat?) was "Muggers tapes" and that was more rock than metal...

Ah-ha... In 1999, Castle reissued All the Aces with two live bonus tracks and a separate bonus disc titled "The Muggers Tapes," a live recording of a side project called the Muggers featuring Eddie Clarke, Phil Taylor, John "Speedy" Keen, and Billy Wrath. It's closer to heavy pub rock than metal,

pgoat

One Too Many
was just re-reading my old Creem mags - in 1982 Lemmy referred to seeing Gene Vincent and the Blue Caps when he was 12 or 13 (woulda been around '57)

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
'Lemmy' Kilminster

Ian was born just down the road from me...near to Robbie Williams.

Neither of them were to go on to achieve the fame that I did, though...

Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112