Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lesco cafe racer, brown, size 40

Gamma68

One Too Many
Circa 1970s Lesco Cafe Racer w/liner

This Lesco cafe racer has that mottled/marbled brown black steer or cowhide that is really special. I tried to capture this in my photos, especially of the back. The leather is quite nice, thicker and softer than my 1970s Brooks gold label CR. Nice leather scent, too.

Jacket comes with the original zip-in liner that is remarkably clean. That added warmth makes the jacket a nice option for cooler temps. Also features side zips and snaps. All zippers and snaps work properly. All pockets are intact with no holes and lined with a heavy two-tone cotton. Brass Talon main zip. The others are brass YKK.

The fit is snug, as a cafe racer should be. Fits well for me at 5-9, 155 pounds. I enjoy wearing it but need to keep my collection manageable and fund other purchases.

There is a small 1" area of stitching separation near the right sleeve cuff. An easy fix.

Tagged size 40. All measurements taken without the lining.
Chest: 20"
Shoulders: 18”
Waist: 18”
Sleeve: 24.5” (25.5” along the curve)
Length from bottom of collar: 24.5

Asking $140, price includes CONUS shipping.

IMG_1583.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG
IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_1557.JPG
IMG_1565.JPG
IMG_1613.JPG
IMG_1603.JPG
IMG_1611.JPG
IMG_1589.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Lesco's are underrated. The lack of information on the company doesn't help but they made a nice jacket especially for the price. Again, the price point somewhat reflects the underrated and unknown (relatively) Lesco brand. I have several I may need to list some day to "fund other purchases" as well. Damn it if I ain't always looking to fund other purchases. And yet, there is no Rehab for jacket addition......

Gamma68

One Too Many
Lesco was based in NYC and made a number of leather products through the early 1980s, if I recall correctly. I posted some info I found about the brand in another thread a while back.

This particular jacket I sold has really nice supple leather. The color is fantastic. It kicks the ass of any Brooks. I know it’s not Aero, Lost Worlds or Vanson but I damn near gave this jacket away.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Lesco was based in NYC and made a number of leather products through the early 1980s, if I recall correctly. I posted some info I found about the brand in another thread a while back.

This particular jacket I sold has really nice supple leather. The color is fantastic. It kicks the ass of any Brooks. I know it’s not Aero, Lost Worlds or Vanson but I damn near gave this jacket away.

I feel you brother!! I have one---believe its a 48 missing the liner that has that same marbling and subtle color wear. I bought it from a guy in Bulgaria of all places. Because of that seeming organic marbling that occurred over time, and in absence of any more severe wear anywhere, it makes for a great look. It ALMOST looks like a reproduction trying to replicate age.

A really nice clean Lesco, especially with the liner intact, should fetch more than $99 IMO as well. At the end of the day, its what the market will bear i.e. what other people will pay. With the lesser known Lesco brand unfortunately, it doesn't have mainstream public cache like say, Schott or other known brands. I have to agree with you in the sentiment that the Lesco Cafe Racer, (this one in particular) blows away Brooks CRs.

BTW, Gamma, I'm still trying to get you some pics of Detroit Metropolitan Police Jackets I have. My computer had a fan failure so I'm not running with full access to all my photos at this time. But I saw that one just like one of the ones I have is being offered for sale on eBay currently. I will post the link in a new thread to see if it shakes loose any more members that have em or know about the company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points