Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's see you're most beat up and abused and still used jacket

TLW '90

Practically Family
The title says it all.

My uncle gave me this USN utility jacket when I was 12, I've worn the heck out of it and today it's my go-to work jacket for a large part of the year.

I don't know how old it is exactly because the label is unreadable, but It's gotta be 80's era.

20231030_143019.jpg

It's covered in grease & oil stains.
20231030_143152.jpg

I had to fix the zipper pull last year.
20231030_143213.jpg

And the ends of the sleeves are wearing through.
20231030_143051.jpg

20231030_143110.jpg

But the knits are still solid, and it still has plenty of life left in it.

It's never been a cool stylish jacket, just a functional lightweight beater that's much warmer then you'd expect.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I have worn out Tshirt that I have worn for more than 10 yrs, I darned the holes, and actually patched from the inside, have the collar edges fixed
GridArt_20231107_121021851.jpg
It was made from black cotton pique, and my mom sewn them for me (i have several) , it also fit me perfectly as it is also waisted and perfect length for untucked and the sleeve is also perfect, and the black has faded into peppery shade so I keep these tees as long as possible.
The white one has minor rust stains spots from random screw on the laundry drying rack, i love the rust stains so i leave it alone rather than bleaching it.

I dont have worn out jackets, in my climate i dont wear jacket when doing physical demanding task.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I have this ww2 style canteen
Screenshot_20231107_122532_Gallery.jpg
I bought this in the mid 80s for boyscout camping events, it was our country's military surplus in olive drab color, after some 35 years the nylon cover has turned rust, nowadays i mostly just use this to bring water when cycling longer distance, i hanged this behind my saddle using its alice hooks on the saddle spring, other days it sits on my desk as rustic decoration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner