Levi’s Leather Trucker Review For Those Interested In Buying

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by HeyZeusPenguin, Apr 22, 2020.

1. HeyZeusPenguin

HeyZeusPenguin Familiar Face

This is going to be a review covering most aspects of the Levis leather trucker for those who are thinking of buying one.

First off i’d like to point out that this is the cowhide version. The buffalo is in my opinion an inferior jacket. 45A1B6CF-3AC8-46F8-BA74-EC4FBF960FAF.jpeg 9506E5FE-D8F2-4851-9289-C2376C790113.jpeg 9551B2E3-62E3-431D-BA55-860143764376.jpeg 464E73E8-0088-4EF0-9637-7216AD760D13.jpeg
    As you can see, i’ve done a few modifications on it. Two to be exact. I have pressed down beneath the collar creating a semi-lapel. I think this gives it a better look. I have also replaced the snaps because the ones Levi’s provided were bad. Bad color, and they would never stay shut. I had them replaced with dark silver heavy snaps which i later sanded down and polished to get a bronze look. A823FFB2-BA0F-4C4E-9E06-312A3D29410B.jpeg 4CA9B994-0670-407C-A025-85F3532D1539.jpeg 00BD47AE-4E9A-4B89-82B1-0443FB9F50C6.jpeg F16A1EC2-9637-4D4B-B6B5-27AB0AE98059.jpeg
    The leather is extremely nice. I think it could definetely stand up against some of Aeros in graining. This is after alot of wear in sun, rain, snow etc... It had incredible grain and creasing in the arms especially.
    As i said, this is the cowhide version. This leather is thicker, and in i think it also looks better with wear. The buffalo is in my opinion flimsier and more papery and has a cheaper feel. Of course if you can’t stand a heavy jacket, get the buffalo. The leather is 1.3 and i think in some areas 1.4. When comparing my jacket with some i felt when i visited denmark i would say i got a fairly heavy batch. 83A3E157-FC3B-4370-9553-38B26F68DD40.jpeg Here is the fit. It fits very nicely to my physique. Im 180cm and about 78 kg. I bought a size large and it fits slightly smaller than their denim jackets, but not much. Also the lining is a fairly thin polyester lining, and would i prefer a heavy cotton drill, yes. But it makes taking it on and off extremely easy. Basically i greatly recommend this so it's definetely worth the money.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Mawashi, Kuro, Fonzie and 4 others like this.
  2. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Great job on snaps. Wow.

3. HeyZeusPenguin

Haha thank you! It’s a tedious process because i didn’t want to scuff the leather but it was very worth it.

4. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

^^
    That's why I appreciated it. :) Solid hardware greatly improves jackets, and I particularly like brass on black. Looks just great to me, really warm.

sweetfights likes this.
  5. Monitor

Monitor

2018 Levi's cowhide trucker was a shock to me. I saw these at the store, couldn't believe Levi's had made like that. The jackets were pretty much perfect in every aspect. Heavy, full grain leather, even for our standards let alone something you'd expect to see in a shopping mall. Very well made and what the one I tried fit me the way I could be described as perfect. I actually checked immediately if these were made by I dunno, Schott or Aero maybe but no, there's just a "Made in India" tag. The jackets weren't cheap but I can't imagine even the best makers coulda delivered a much better product.

But last years model wasn't as good. While still being surprisingly heavy, the cowhide was lighter with a bit more artificial finish to it. Jackets were altogether longer in the back. Still very nice, though but I don't think they'll keep the level of this kinda quality for long.

Mawashi likes this.
  6. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

Looks great! How did you press the collar to create those lapels? It’s a very nice touch.

7. HeyZeusPenguin

Haha i just used a good ol’ bar clamp with some textile in between to protect the leather and let it sit there for like a day or so.

Fonzie likes this.
  8. HeyZeusPenguin

Hmm. I bought mine spring 2019. I dont think they had released the newer version in sweden at that time. Its very varied grain and heavy so i reckon its the older model. The sixth picture really shows how beautiful the grain is.

9. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

That is crazy grain. Well done.

HeyZeusPenguin likes this.