Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis Menlo Jacket

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I believe the originals were made by Aero. Are they still made by them or have they outsourced it to someone else?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure, tbh. I haven't seen any un-aged ones at the factory any time I've been there of late, but that's not to say they haven't been making them. 25 per cent off one seems a decent saving for anyone that's keen. I seem to remember that one Lounge member had a Menlo that was the envy of many.

I don't think Aero was any part of the Skyfall jacket.
The original goat Menlo Cossacks were incredible, but more recent versions are a bit lackluster IMHO.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I saw one a couple of years back in the LVC shop off Carnaby Street, and the jacket was so heavily aged that it was hard to judge its intrinsic quality, which I doubt Aero, or any decent maker for that matter, would allow to happen.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Not so great then. I would be concerned that the ageing effect would affected the life of the sheepskin.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Not so great then. I would be concerned that the ageing effect would affected the life of the sheepskin.

That was my thought, sheepskin that's already been beat up might look good for costuming but not so good for a long lifespan. I don't mind light fashion jackets that look like fashion jackets, but this look is supposed to be rugged, I'd like the durability to match it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy