Levi's Trucker Jacket type III 1967 LVC shrinkage ?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Vintagestyle, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Vintagestyle

Vintagestyle One of the Regulars

I bought a Levi's Trucker Jacket type III 1967 LVC and i noticed it is really tight at the waist , much tighter than all the other jeans jackets i have had !
    Is it normal a size M is only 17" / 43cm ( multiply by 2 for the whole circumference ) at the waist ?

I am even wondering if they might have made a mistake , tagging an S size as an M , cause it measures the same size at the waist , as an older Trucker jacket type III i have ( ref 70550 0439 , which has side pockets unlike the 1967 LVC one ) , that is a size S !

So i am wondering if it will shrink at the waist once washed, cause it is specified to shrink up to 5 % on their website , so if it does shrink, i won't be able to close the bottom button anymore !
    I am really surprised they made it so tight , cause i am really slim , with no thickness at the belly , so if it is tight for me , i guess it must be very tight or even too tight for many people

Did yours shrank at the waist when you washed it ?

2. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

LVCs are not sanforised so they do shrink but wearing it will stretch the denim. People do go to shower wearing jeans to stop them from shrinking more than they want.

3. Vintagestyle

Vintagestyle One of the Regulars

The 1967 Trucker III jacket is sanforized as far as i know

4. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

5. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

If it is really sanforized then they are pre-washed and won't shrink.