Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Limoncello

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I love Gin and Tonic's, I love the lime flavor, the kind of sour tonic, etc. I like Pink Lemonade, freshly squeezed lemonade, and Mountain Dew. I also haven't finished my first (and only) bottle of Limoncello. I SHOULD love this stuff. Anybody drink this stuff (besides Danny DeVito)?

Later Y'all

rumblefish

One Too Many
1961MJS said:
Hi
I SHOULD love this stuff.
I don't like it either, Mike. I tried it as a mixer and I came up with nothing I liked, but my wife liked when I mixed it with anisette on the rocks. She'd probably like it with the ice cream too.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Where'd you get yours from? Maybe it's not any good! I just got back from Italy, and I loved the limoncello there... Not to sweet, not too bitter... And served icy cold. They served it in a glass that was smaller than a shot glass. It's meant to be sipped, not gulped like a shot.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I had it in the freezer, I drank it straight, and I tried it with Tonic too. I got the feeling I was trying to get drunk on Lemon Pledge Dishwashing liquid.

Later

Slim Portly

One Too Many
My dear mother holds the family recipe and has been making the beverage for years. As stated by Puzzicato it is a perfect digestivo. I do not drink alcohol in the traditional sense, as I would not touch beer, wine, or hard liquor with a ten-foot pole, but rather I exclusively drink liqueurs. Coffee liqueur daily, and less often beverages such as Farigoule (a thyme-infused French liqueur), the aforementioned limoncello, and the like.

HepKitty

One Too Many
it's good but a bit sweet and syrup-y but really good mixed with ginger ale. over ice cream sounds good too

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I love it after a meal or even before, in a small tall shot glass, served ice- cold; crisp, refreshing, and delicious. It reminds me of the south and the times I've spent there watching the waves of the Adriatic tossing against the shore.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Yes, it has to be decent quality, and it has to be cold. It's also best in small quantities.... see: Danny DeVito...

I like it in a small glass with a dash of heavy cream as a little after-dinner treat.

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
More Limoncello love!

Puzzicato/Wire9Vintage - Adding some heavy cream or splashing atop some ice cream sounds wonderful... I'll have to try these one day soon.

If you find commercial Limoncello too sweet, it is so very easy to make your own and adjust to taste. I've substituted lemon with blood orange for a very tasty variation.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Wire9Vintage said:
It's also best in small quantities.... see: Danny DeVito...
Could it be possible that his drunky visit to the View was a publicity stunt for the roll out of....................

....................................................................................................................................
limoncello__2_.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I was introduced to Limoncello by a Maltese former student of mine, while at a conference on the island some years ago. It was a local brand, Limoncell (no 'o' on the end) - good stuff. I agree that it is not something to drink in quantity. To date I have only ever consumed it chilled, sipped from a shotglass. Nice after dinner, clears the mouth out after a desert and leaves it nice and zesty fresh. Never tried mixing it, though I might try with ginger (my mixer of choice for both whiskey and rum), that sounds interesting. Definitely would considering pouring some over a rich, vanilla ice cream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana